I need some help! urrrgently

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Nov 3, 2007.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Don't know whether whenever anyone reads this it'll be too late...

I have 50 minutes now and then tomorrow after 5pm.

Basically, the guy minding the goats says that Whisper has come into heat. Yesterday she wasnt in heat. Mum's going to send me some pictures of her hiney which I will post on here.

The guy who owns the buck will be home until 1pm today (that's 3 hours from now) and then is away until 5 pm tomorrow. If she goes today, they'll have to leave at 11am, which is in 50 minutes.

However I expect that's too early - would everyone agree with me on that???

The question is, is tomorrow at 5pm too late????

I will post the pictures when they arrive.

I don't want to miss her this time round. ARRGH I hate goats, I hate this time of year, so much STRESS!!! :evil:

2. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    update:

Putting Whissy in with Samuel, he is sniffing at her hiney a bit.

Putting Whissy in with the girls, she is sniffing THEIR hindends, and not vice versa. I told my mum that goats in heat might even try to mount those that aren't - am I right in that???

She is sending me photos now.

Also, I told her to phone the guy with the buck and describe everything and ask him.

NO SIGNS of her being in heat last night.

3. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    well the pics were so bad no point even posting them. i could hardly tell they contained a goat.

I think I've decided to leave her until tomorrow evening. Figuring it's probably too early just yet.

Really praying that she goes in kid tomorrow because in 3 weeks' time when she comes back in, we'll be in the middle of a busy church conference which I am NOT going to miss!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I agree I think that it is the beginning of her heat and she might settle but for all the hassel it might not be worth it because of the greater chance of her not being in standing heat.

5. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    well tomorrow it is!!!

Oh please let it be... let her conceive... twin doelings :D

hehehe

6. ksacres

ksacres New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    San Antonio Texas
    Goats ovulate at the end of their cycle, so, better late than never :)

7. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Could have left her with the buck for a few days to. :D

8. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    well she went Sunday night, and stood for the buck, so all's well and good.

I couldnt have left her, the guy doesn't have room for any more goats. He has about 40 does in a tiny space and is trying to sell em, but the more he sells, the more females are born, according to him. In my opinion, he just cant bear to part with them :wink: `

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    So you think that she took? I hope so for your sake. I give you LOTS of credit, I could NEVER wait until the buck comes into heat like that. I always miss it. I took a doe to a buck several months ago, and i got her there as she was just coming out of heat, and it was to late for that breeding, but I do believe the Lord did that on purpose. I took her back a month later and she was bred to one of the nicest white buck there is in Colorado. I was :clap: jumping for joy. Now she is Pregnant, and HUGE. So it might even be twins.

10. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    I hope she took for ya!!! :D