I need your help...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by jdgray716, Apr 24, 2010.

1. PLEASE, go to my buck page and let me know if you like the what I did with the ribbons. I am not sure if I like it or not and wanted some thoughts, even more so before I did the does. THANK YOU...I just can't decide.

2. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    I think it looks very nice!!! :)

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :thumb: looks great I think!

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :thumbup: Looks good to me!

5. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    I REALLY like the black bands - they tie everything in together. For me, though, I'd rather that each buck have his own space. Like, first have photos and information about Johnny, then a separator (another black line across the page would look good, since you already have that theme going), then a section about Jester, and so on. My eyes kept wanting to go left and right (like they would for regular reading), but everything was set up to go in vertical lines. (Does that make sense?) It's TOTALLY just my opinion and should be taken for what it's worth (about 2 cents). Everyone else seems to really like it, so maybe I'm just odd. I do really like the frames around the first photos. They do help to break up the page and set off each buck. Oh, and there's a typo at the bottom of the page where it reads, "What a Moonspot?" I'm sure you meant, "What's a Moonspot?" I hope that helps and doesn't upset you.
    -Tina

6. Thanks everyone...

Tina, you did not upset me either. I understand what you are saying but my web abilities are so so. I have not found that my site builder has the option for that. I would love to go across but up and down seems to be the only way the form will let me. I guess I could dig and try more but I have so many hours into it as it is I would hate to have to redo the whole thing.

7. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    It looks great- yes, maybe a bit much going on there, but websites are a LOT of work! So I know what you mean in not wanting to spend a billion hours only to have to redo the whole thing :)

I think once I start showing, I'll have my show goaties get their own page for their accomplishments... But I like doing that sort of thing and it does take time away from playing with them soooo :)

I do like your site! And I like the buttons for the bucks, does, and kids- those pictures are super cute!

8. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    I'm so glad I didn't upset you. I was really worried about it.

I totally understand what you're saying about spending hours and hours and hours on your website. I've spent TONS of time on ours, too, and I seem to be constantly tweaking it. It takes WAY more time than I originally anticipated.

There are lots of things I really like about your site. I love the pics of the ribbons. I love the multiple photos of each goat so people can really get a good idea of their looks. I love the black outlines - they really look sharp. The vertical alignment is really a minor thing.

-Tina

9. Well thank you, maybe when it is done and the updates are lower I may look into making changes, for now this is as good as it gets, hehe.