The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Emma Rose
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been studying horses for years now, and I finally got into riding about 2 years ago. I've already visited the Equine Sciences program at CSU, and I plan to go there. I've ridden most western, but now I've started in english. Every year we go to a trail ride in May. We work with the program that runs it, so we set up and take down mostly. This year they had a Registered Appaloosa Mare for auction. I saw her on their website in January and dreamed of owning her for months.

Anyways I spent all day with her (literally). I talked to her owner who was the sweetest lady ever. And then I worked up the nerve and asked my dad if maybe he could put a starting bid down. "ABSOLUTELY NOT." was his answer. He then walked over the the silent auction table and leaned down right over Misti's paper. I walked over and he had put down the starting bid. I kind of guarded that thing for my life. For some reason everybody was hoping I'd get her so nobody else bidded. Until the last few minutes so we had a bidding war but I won. It was the best day of my life, I was so excited. (And I still am aahaha).

So now I own Misti, a beautiful Registered Solid Appaloosa Mare. I absolutely love her. She is perfect for me.

Attachments

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts
Congrats! :cool: :fireworks::fireworks::stars::stars::wahoo::leap::leap:you look very happy together. Have fun, and don't forget to post more pictures along the way..

·
Registered
12 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!! I still remember the giddiness I felt when I bought my first mare! (A few months after going to college...My excuse was, "well, I don't drink, what else am I gonna spend my money on??" Have fun!! Looks like you got a good one!

·
Emma Rose
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks y'all:) I did end up buying some breeches and paddock boots yesterday:) I got two pairs of Devon Aire breeches, and a pair of paddock boots for $45. I love having horse riding friends that will just sell stuff to you for a dime.

·
730 Posts
Congrats on your New Beautiful Mare!
Sounds like you have an AWESOME DAD to boot!
Im one of the "FEW" guys here on TGS! I also spoil my girls when possible!

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Emma that is wonderful, and congratulations! I hope you a Misti have a wonderful time making very special memories together. It's good to see you posting again! :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
very nice looking. I love horses but have decided even tho I have a farm now having horses would be to much for me. I use to ride all the time and miss it but its not for the old..

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Ooooohhh what a lovely mare! You take care of that Dad of yours! They require many more hugs than they admit to! And then go out and enjoy your new beauty!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts