i paint

Discussion in 'Crafty Cabin' started by AlaskaBoers, Aug 14, 2008.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    lol (the title) anyway, i was bored yesterday and decided to do some oil painting, its of a boer buck, and this certain buck comes from a member of this forum. i was just searching through old treads to find a referance picture. so who can tell me who's goat this is?? also i picture i took of i is terrible, you really can't see all of the details, there are shadows, wrinkles in the skin. etc. so just thought i'd share

2. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Very nice. You did a great job. Shelly

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Very good! Love the shadowing detail. :)

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Bethany's buck kid. I recognized it right away heehehe. Very nice!

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Very nice! I like it!!!

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yep, too bad you really cant see the details, darn oh well, bethany if you want i will send it to you.

well it only took me about an hour, so i might search for another picture, i'm thinking something dairy, never tried it before, or painting lol. i really am bored, hard to believe theres nothing going on up here.

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Your free to use any of the photos I took on my site. Not sure if you want to, but I thought I would offer :greengrin:

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    You can use anything on my site too :) Very nice picture :thumbup:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Nice work ,,,,,I also paint ,,but have not done it in a long time...............

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    OK, i decided to paint another goat, so i went goat picture 'shopping' on goathappy's and muddy creek's sites, i could not decide between muddy's - rewind, and goathappy's - Raven Beauty. but in the end- after discussing with like 5 others, it came out to be beauty, i wanted to try black goats. But rewind is still Gorgeous

But you wont get to see the painting for at least another three days, because i've entered it in the Alaska State Fair, i hope you don't mind goathappy. but i will get a pic when i go visit it during my break on barn herdsman. i think it came out twice as good as the last one.

11. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    that painting was great!!!! Not sure if you want to do another but you can see what you can find on my site too if you want....mine are meat goats.

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I can't wait to see the pic!! :stars: good luck at the fair!!

13. Pheonix08

Pheonix08 New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Western N.Y.
  14. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    That tile is really impressive. I especially like that graceful pose. Black is always harder though- good luck.

15. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I just saw this. Like your title! :D You did a wonderful job painting the pic. If you see anything on our site, feel free to paint! :) Have you considered offering to do this for payment?? We would like a logo or something for our goaties. . . .

16. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    OMG i forgot about this!, :) Goathappy; ravens portrait got Honerable mention in the Adult Painting catagory. (im only 14 but I entered in the Adult division, Just to see how I stood. So I will find my darn USB cable and upload that.

Capriola-nd, that's a neat offer. I've been designed labels and logos for my dads home brewery (Old Goat Ale) (Grumpy Goat Lager) So If your interested pm me and we can chat. I couldnt tell you how long it would take -lol- because im just so busy, but i'll get it done if anyone wants a portrait, you name the price.

17. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
  18. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  19. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    white oak - i like the boer family at sunset, thats very pretty.

toth- thank you. So I see you have new herdsires, theyre very chunky! like 'em.

20. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    It's my boy Pendragon!! Neat, you did a really good job! :)