The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My friend has a goat kid that is about 3-4 months old and she all the Sudden got a very hard stomach but i don't think its bloat. She doesn't seem like she is in pain when you feel it but she kind of star gazes around and walks funny. We desided to treat her for polio but I'm not sure if it is that. This morning her temp. Was 98.7 and we just took it again and its up to 100.6 which is getting better. Her eyelids and gums are pink. We got her to drink too but she doesn't have much of an appetite and she is not having proper bowl movements.

Does anyone know what this may be? I don't think is bloat. Thanks!

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
I would go ahead and give her 1/2 teaspoon baking soda in enough water to drench...
When temp is low it means her rumen is shutting down..C D Antitoxin is needed 4-6 cc sub Q
Probiotics to help restore flora...no feed.
hay and green leaves only..Continue Thiamine treatment..
keep her hydrated

Homemade Electrolytes

A half gallon of hot water
2-6 Tablespoons of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
1-2 Tablespoons of Either Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda or Table Salt.
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar

Mix well and drench or let them drink it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! We gave all of that to her however she still isn't going. Her stomach is still hard and her temperature is around 99.9. We just gave her a 2nd doce of everything

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
She isnt going poop?? Im sorry I missed THAT!! UGH... she needs an enema...

Take 2 cups warm water add 1/2 oil...(cooking or mineral) use a syringe...stir and draw up some...put just the tip in and slowly push the plunger...depending how big she is give her about 10 cc -15 cc at a time...message her tummy...it take time so be patient..add more water oil stiring each time to mix..keep a feel on her tummy..dont want to over fill her..Keep messaging her tummy...get the enema worked in...once she begins to poop well the remaining oil in her gut will help her along..

Keep up with the CD Antitoxin and thiamine...Electrolytes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts