I REALLY NEED SOME OPINIONS PLEASE - AND SHE IS HERE

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by MiddleRiver, Sep 4, 2008.

1. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    I'm getting a great addition to my herd on Sat. - her name is Kara Kahl Regard Chartreuse - she LA'd 91 ( VEVE ) ! She is an older gal at 7 ( is that old if she is in great health ? ) and should give my young herd a nice boost !

I will be breeding her to my buckling Archie - and here is the best part - i'll i have to do is keep my fingers crossed that she has doelings again ( had triplet doelings in 2008 ) as i will be trading a doeling out of her and Archie for her - and no other strings attached - if something happens to her or she only has bucklings, i won't owe anything - but i'm hopeing for a doeling for the awsome folks i'm getting her from ( that bought her this year from Kara Kahl ) and one for me - plus if they get their doeling it will help me get my herd name out there too as they show and will show her.

Here is what the kid's pedigree will look like - http://www.adgagenetics.org/PlannedPedigree.aspx

did i mention i'm excited ! I also have my breeding list together and am already getting inquiries on it !

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: I'm sooo excited !!!

congratulations!!! at 7 years she is getting up there but you can still get a couple breedings out of her :D

Post a picture when you can

3. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI

Thanks Stacy ! I'm quite excited, and even more so that you also just said i should be able to get a couple breedings out of her.

I don't have my own pic of her yet to post, but you can see a pic of her on the Kara Kahl website under senior does - http://www.karakahlfarm.com

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

um... link is for some bed and breakfast :shrug:

5. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI

ooops - i fixed it :+) Thanks !

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

she is a beautiful doe!

7. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI

awww thanks ! I think so too, but am still in need of learning more about conformation - so any pointers or opinions would be wonderful. To me she looks good, but maybe weak in her rear pasterns ?

My buckling's dam can also be seen on their site - she is Aware :+)

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

MiddleRiver she looks really good for a senor doe,,,the condition she is in ,,I to have no doubt you should get a couple of good replacement does out of her............. :leap:

9. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom

OH! she is so gorgeous! I think I might have to buy a doeling from you in the spring so I can have one nice show goat. :greengrin:

rabid curiosity: how much would a really nice doeling from you cost? :drool:

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

gnomes'n'goats .it will cost you..............an arm ..........a leg............a few thousands more......and then your all set...............just kidding LOL :)

you have good taste.................

11. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI

toth boer goats - you are too funny !

gnomes-n-goaties - i sent you a pm :+)

Thanks everybody for the comments !

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:ROFL:

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

She's a beautiful doe!! Congrats!! :stars:

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Oh, she is GORGEOUS!! I love Alpines, they are beautiful. . . . Congrats on such a nice doe! You should definitely get some nice doe kids out of her. :D

15. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom

oh, I love yer goats MR!

Should I start sawing an arm and a leg off? I do have a nice saw that would do a capital job at extricating the afore mentioned appendages. jk!
    :bday:

16. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

Wow, she is gorgeous!! I bet you are excited!! Congrats! :)

17. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI

Thanks everybody ! She arrived yesterday and is soooo sweet ! She has a very regal/wise presense about her - and was very nice to milk. She is starting to show her age though, you can still see her lovelyness under neath, but her udder shows wear ( in her rear attachment - due i think to being a 2 gal. a day milker for years, or maybe mastitis at some point ? ), and her feet look old lol ! But all in all she is a very BIG and pretty girl, and you can very much see the great breeding in her. She also has the biggest belly in my herd ! Wow, you should could fit a lot of kids in there ! I'm so excited to see how she does for me, i'm already in love.

I do have something i NEED all your opinions on - in the rush/excitement ( they needed to head home asap ) i forgot to get her papers, so i emailed them - they said, ooops, we forgot to ask you about something.... They want to keep her in their name this year so when i breed her to MY buckling, the resulting doeling ( if born ) that they get from this would be in THEIR herdname. They say it could help me out as they do a lot of showing in MN and whatnot, and say they also want this as they are just starting out too and want more with their herdname. Well, i'm starting too, and have less goats then them. I also think it would help me out more with my herdname then theirs. AND i WILL technically be the breeder, and want credit for that at least - otherwise my name won't be anywhere on the kid(s) papers, so what good would that do for me ? I don't think ADGA will let me be listed as the breeder with them using their herdname either - will they ? Plus, then all the kids in 2009 would have their herdname, not just their doeling - so that would mean if i have bucklings that i sell instead of having a herdsire in somebody's herd with my name, it would be theirs.

They are VERY nice people and easy to talk to, and i'm sure don't want to make me unhappy as much as i don't want to make them unhappy - so i would like all your opinions on what you all think is fair, or if you have any other ideas for another way to work this out - i would love to hear it.

Thanks !

18. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Congrats on your doe!!!

I really don't think you should go with them having the herdname. Not trying to be rude whatsoever, just giving my opinion.

To me it sounds like they maybe planned that. That's maybe why they didn't say anything to you before you decided to get her. And now you kinda have no choice, but to be nice to them and let them have their way since they have her papers.

If i'm wrong and you can get those kids in your herdname, that's what I would do FOR SURE. I to don't have my herdname out there and if that happened to me and this doe only has a few good years left in here I would want every kid in my herdname.

Good luck and hope you can figure something out.

19. susanne

susanne New Member

Nov 12, 2007
  20. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Well i'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks my herdname should be on their papers :+) I really need this, and it only seems fair to me as i'm the one that will be taking care of and loving the old gal, as well as breeding her and kidding her out and raising the kids ( except for their doeling - they will pick her up as soon as they can). But i'm also using my buckling that i paid good money for ( the most expensive goat i've bought so far ). So as far as i'm concerned i would be the breeder and the papers should show that.

I also agree that this is important and should have been discussed before the deal went through, it's not really a minor detail - nothing was mentioned of it before hand.

I emailed them back with my opinion/concerns and haven't heard back yet - i usually hear back right away so am worried. I really like these people and want to do business with them in the future as our herds can benefit eachother - so i don't know what to do - i want whats due to me and my herd, but don't want to anger them so i'm hopeing they think it over and we can work it out.

Thanks again everybody !

Oh, i also wanted to breed her right away for Feb. kids, but if i do, and then get her papers, can i still reg. her kids with my herdname if i transfer her after the breeding date ? I thought i've seen you need to own the doe at time of breeding, but then i think i've also seen you need to own her at birth day of the kids ??? Oh well, i guess at least worst case i can still reg. the kids 50% Alpine if i don't get her papers - but that will really stink. Would contacting ADGA help at all ? I have emails of the whole deal - including the one after i emailed them asking for the papers and they said - "oh, we wanted to discuss this with you and maybe should have before hand".