I sold Cupid

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sweetgoats, Aug 7, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, I have four buck now because I just fell in love with one of the boys we had this year. We went to band him and my daughter and I just could not do it. So I got it out word of mouth that I was selling Cupid. Well beings he won Best buck in show at the Estes Park Wool Market, two years in a row, plus won best fiber in show at Estes, I had several people jump on it. So I was able to sell him for $650.00. He bred a lot of my does this year and we had 12 babies from him, and only two were boys, (one we kept).
    Well he just got out the other day and bred one of my does that I did not want bred but we decided we will leave her as he will only be breeding her from our farm. So I sold him and I have my first doe bred for a very early Jan kidding. :clap: :leap:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    congrats! got pics of the new buck? cupid was goodl lookin

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Here is the most recent picture of him. He was about 6 months old.

[​IMG]

And here is Cupid, his dad.

[​IMG]

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats on the sale - thats awesome.

Johnny is gonna fill his dad's place very well

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yes, congrats on the sale of that handsome guy....and it sure does look as though his son will do his daddy proud!

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Its a bittersweet moment. I know you have had great luck with cupid, now he can spread is good looks to other herds, and you still have a son to carry on his genetics. They are both great looking animals.
    beth

7. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    Congrats on the sale! It is always sad when you sell a nice one but nice when they get to be used in other herds and spread their genetics. He is a impressive buck. You got a nice replacement in his son!

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thanks all.

I will miss Cupid because I just love his markings and he is so beautiful, but he is not a lover like my other boys. I like to be able to go spoil them and things and Cupid would rather not be touched. I will miss his beautiful head. But hey money talks also.

9. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That it does. ;) But at least you have his gorgeous son. Congrats on the sale!! :greengrin: