I think I found the buck I want.

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by RPC, May 6, 2010.

1. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I have been looking at bucks not really wanting to buy one but thinking about it. I have been trying to decide if I want to buy a buck or just try to find one to breed my does with. I will breed 2 does in August and 2 in October. I was thinking if I get a january buck he will be old enough to breed by August and I will be able to keep him for some years to come hopefully. Now the problem has been where to keep him. I think since he is young and I need to start feeding my does and wethers differently since the wethers are huge I could seperate the wethers and keep the buck with them and keep the does in a different pen. Plus they are only asking $150 which for my little operation is right in my price range. Now that you have read threw my ramblings here is the buck I found he is not registered and was born 1-07-10
    http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/grd/1726485305.html
    I like this one for his length and width in his front shoulders which is something my does don't have. In the second picture you can see the muscleing in his front legs which looks great. The other one I was thinking about is this one
    http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/grd/1726523990.html
    He is good but I like the other buck just a little bit better the one thing this buck has that the other doesn't is he has a super large frame. I just really like the power in the first ones front end. What does everyone else think?

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    the second buck has better breed character, and is more masculine in overall build and body.. I dont paticularly care for the first buck, he seems more rangey and feminine

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have to agree - I prefer the second buck

4. MiGoat

MiGoat New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    West Michigan
    Why is the second one more masculine?
    I thought the first one was...of course I have no knowledge of this at all! LOL But the chest sticking out kind of made me think "masculine"

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    The 1st one has a bigger brisket...then # 2 but... number 2 has a longer neck... thicker legs ...he also has a bigger rump..... not sure on the width.. need front and rear shots... :wink:

6. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Thank you all for your opinions I am starting to see what you are saying about number 2 and I think I am liking him a little more now. This is why I posted this you are all awesome.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your very welcome ....glad to help.... good luck .... :thumb: :wink: