I think I'm gonna be sick! :(

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Crissa, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Okay so my ex's old goat Thor was sold to a friend as a companion for a horse and then they decided that they didn't want him anymore and he was given to one of their friends and then that friend decided to give him back to them. Well, now my classmates hate Thor for some reason and want to tie him to the back of a truck and drag him to kill him! :(( I told them that if they did it I would be pressing animal cruelty charges and they don't care so I'm at home trying to think of a way to go get him, my mom won't let me use her van and my ex has disappeared off the face of the earth! I'm so mad, depressed, hurt, and guilty over this whole mess. And I'm going to chew out my ex as soon as I see him! :evil:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh dear!!! that is aweful.

hey does your ex's uncle have a truck or vehical? I remember you saying he was kind toward you.

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    OH and earlier at lunch they had told me that they had already done it but I found out they were lying. But I was so upset that I was crying and had to go to the principal's office before I did something that they would regret. The principal said that she will help me if they end up doing this before I can get to him.

4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    His only vehicle doesn't work! :cry: Trust me I'd already thought about that! I'm fixing to just walk the 3+ miles to get him!

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    The nerve of some people I tell you. So glad I never went to public highschool.

But saying that wont help you. So still thinking of ideas to suggest to you. But mainly praying that someone offers to help or you can think of someone

6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I've already emailed one of the people who has him hoping that they will stop it so that I can get to him in time. I really wish I was homeschooled at this point. Especially since after this I know that he's going to try his hardest to make me miserable.

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    That's so sad.Why would someone do that to an innocent animal?

8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I don't know, they said that he's just a goat and who cares. I replied well you're just a person and we out number them easy so who cares about you?

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    how far way are the people who have him now?

Since they don't want him can they just deliver him to you?

10. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I asked that too and they said no. They are about 2-3+ miles away! :cry:

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Stacy I think they are around three miles away.

12. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    If you go walk to get him would they let you one of their vehicles?(to hall him home)

13. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

maybe if you called the humane society they would go out there and the people would just surrender him. If they don;t want him. I don't think any charges could be pressed unless they have already done something to him.
    Sadly this is the fate of more then a few goats in the world. Goats are just goats to a lot of people. They don;t realize they have feelings to.
    I think they best thing you could do is stay on good terms and valunteer to vcome get him. If you have to walk to get him and then walk back so be it. I would do it if it were one of my goats.

beth

14. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
  15. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Crissa, do you have an extra large dog crate? If you do or know someone most goats will fit in one. and it doesn;t sound like much of a ride only a few minutes. Would your mom let you put the goat in her van if he were in a dog crate with a tarp wrapped around it? We have done that for short rides. he is a boy so he pees out the middle you wouldn;t have to worry about him peing out the openings like a doe would.
    beth

16. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    ....... that is absolutely VILE! :veryangry:

To think that anyone would do that just makes me shudder.... I know that people do cruel and awful things to animals all the time... but that doesn't make it any less apalling... to tie him to a truck! If they really wanted to kill him the way to do it would be to shoot him I would think, though it is certainly not my area of expertise, but it's worse when you are so close and willing to take him... Sometimes I am just completely disgusted with humanity! Sorry, not helping, I know... it's just such a horrible thought! Is he the boer wether you showed a picture of?

I really hope you can get something worked out. Let us know how it goes, good luck.

17. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    Crissa,

This sounds absolutely horrible. I do not know the ages of everyone involved but if you are in High school you need to contact the other kids parents and let them know what was said, and offer to take the goat.

My concern is that if you go and take Thor without the current owners permission you could be charged with theft of livestock, that is my concern. So be very careful.

Maybe this person was just running off at the mouth to upset you??? But definitely call the humane society and you might also let the Sheriff's office know what was said just in case it actually happens.

I hope everything turns out well and Thor is safe. Good luck.

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I know how cruel kids can be, especially in school. I know you have to deal with these kids on a daily basis but is there a way to get their parents involved? If you would rather not I would definately get a hold of the Humane Society.

19. cornishwlr

cornishwlr New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    louisiana
    Sorry that you are so far from me are I would help you pick him up. I drove over 200 miles just to pick up a dog from a dog pound so she would not be put to sleep. She had such a sweet face I had to go get her. If I where only a couple of hours away I would be glad to help you out. Sorry!!

20. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I sure hope you or another nice person can get the goat before they do something to him. :( I wish you were closer. We'd go get him for you...:(