The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold a couple of my goats to a lady that wanted milk. She also bought a couple from another farm after mine. The one she bought from the other farm had an abscess under the ear and burst a couple of days ago. I have not seen it but she said it looked like straw color and thick. This heard she bought from I know them and they helped me out when we started. They have brought in some Boer and Nubians in the past year and her Boer had an abscess but said it was a sticker when we talked to her. Then she started getting more abscesses with the new ones she brought in. She just lost one that kept losing weight after worming and everything. The lady that just bought one from her it was a Nigerian. That means it has spread to that side now. This farm was just at the show and she is still selling her goats! None of them have been tested for CL. I told the lady that bought from me to separate them and have the one tested.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new owners are new to goats and just bought a nice milking machine. She just made cheese and very excited. Her kids can't have dairy. That other farm she is a 4H leader. She is going threw a lot of stuff but I'm upset on how many people she just sold goats to knowing their might be an issue.She still has goats for sale. I hope someone will test the goats. I hope it's not CL but everything I read does not sound good.
My sweet girls that I sold may have it now.

·
Registered
29,854 Posts
Yiks....thats just terrible...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts