I think It'd Be Nice.....

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by GSFarm, Oct 12, 2007.

1. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    I think it'd be nice to have a section for Christianity discussions! We could talk about what we are studing ect.

2. jBlaze

jBlaze Guest

Oct 9, 2007
    I don't think that applies here sorry.

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I also think that would lead to problems as people take their beliefs very seriously. And a goat forum does not seem a good place for that kind of non-goat serious discussion that might lead to conflicts. Just IMO though.

4. Droopymole

Droopymole Guest

Oct 4, 2007
  5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I don't see an issue with it - but if droopy wants to add it to his form that will save me the hassel.

a lot of us are on there Sarah so we can easily have discussions :D

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    its not accepting my password after logging in, I wanna be there too!

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I do not believe that this would be a good thing, and in all actuality it would turn me off of the forum.

I am not by any means trying to be mean, so please don't feel that I am, however for people to come to a goat forum and start in on religion, or even politics for that matter, would definately make me want to hide!

In my religion, we are not allowed to go around talking to others about our religion or what they believe in.

I think that we are all here - all friends - and we all LOVE our animals! we should leave the things that can cause heartache to a forum specifically for that.

Just my 2 cents!

8. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    I'm not trying to be rude, but what religion doesn't believe in sharing it with others? Isn't that the point of religion, to share it to others so more are saved?

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I really do not want to get into this discussion, and by no means am I trying to be hurtful to anyone, I truely like being here!

I just do not think that this is a place to bring religion. People have very strong ties to their religion and to what they believe in, and I would hate to see friendships broken due to personal preferences, which I have personally seen and I don't like it.

I think to each their own in their own home :)

10. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Discusing beliefs should not be a horrible sin. Bashing others is. There are so many situations where it is not allowed, and I respect those policies.
    In Acts 17:22 Paul addressed the crowd. I will paraphrase here. " I see you are very religious, and you have many statues. You have one to an unknown God."
    Here is where he was able to share what and why he believed and who this unknown God is.
    Some sneered and others others wanted to know more.

11. needs to know more

needs to know more Guest

Oct 7, 2007
    I have to agree. I don't think this is the place for it. Asking for prayers for a problem is one thing. Those who wish to read it and pray can. Those who don't want to don't have to. Some times it is best not to discuss religion or politics!!!! It's one thing to disagree with somebodys opinion when it comes to taking care of animals. But when it comes to religion or politics things get ugly real quick!!!! This site already closes threads when somebody views something differently. Let's not bring other things into it!!

12. Sara

Sara Guest

Oct 4, 2007
    No religion please. Seriously, I don't have a problem with religion but by bringing it in and giving it a "home" it's going to integrate into other parts of the forum

13. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    There will always be differences among us, no matter what the topic.
    The point was it can be done if it is with respect, whether it is religion politics or raising goats. Unforuntately it does not happen often. People are passionate about what they believe, whatever it is; how we vote, what we eat, discussion is just that..talk. Anyone in their right mind should be able to take it or leave it.

14. jBlaze

jBlaze Guest

Oct 9, 2007
    :shock: Gee, here I thought we were NOT going to get into religious discussion here!!!!!!! Gettin ugly already!
    :cry:
    PLEASE not here!

15. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I guess we should have made this a poll................

16. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Being that there are many kids on this forum (at least if it's like Goatweb,) and many parents feels that they should be the ones to expose children to different views when they feel the kids are ready for it, I don't think that this is a good place for those discussions.

17. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Well.... I think it is already showing that this topic promotes conflict.

IMO I come here to talk about goats and farm life. Don't get me wrong, I understand that for people religion is a major part of life. I myself live in a family that is divided, half is Church of Christ and half is Baptist... if you know the two then you also know that they have MANY different views, so at all get-togethers they are constantly arguing and fighting and the subject ALWAYS winds up switching to religion :oops: It is VERY uncomfortable... so for me at least I would vote not to have a religion section on here and like kelebek I would also be turned off by it. The goat forums are my refuge from all of that, so I would hate to see it come here as well. People feel very strongly about religion and by putting a lot of people with different beliefs together in a forum to talk about it you would just be asking for hurt feelings and disaster IMO. I mean, just look at this post.... it has already come dangerously close to starting in a post that is about whether or not to have one... See what I mean?

18. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    That is a good point Brandi.

I don't feel strongly one way or another :wink:

19. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    I'm sorry I didn't mean to stir up anything here. It was just a suggestion. On another board I'm on they have a thing where you can join a group and talk and I though it would be cool to bring here.

Sorry.

20. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes it can be set up to have you join a group etc. I am not opposed or for any idea.

And to the poster who said threads just get closed if the view point isn't mine, That isn't the case. I have only closed on thread for behavior and that was only because of a separate issue that many are unaware of but I was.

as already stated droopy is going to add on to his forum and if you want the link to it the thread with the link is located in "the chatter box"