I think my goats are mad at me...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by gnomes'n'goats, Mar 9, 2008.

1. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    So today I trimmed all of my goats hooves. All my does are fat, cranky and preggers.
    None of them behaved when I was trimming. (Ouchie bruises!) Afterwards, my goats turned in unison to look at me and they all gave me that horrid sour look. The look that says "How COULD you!?!" Goodness they were not happy! Gertrude my infamously cranky doe gave me an especially sour look. If you have seen the old Swedish movie "The Seventh Seal", the look that "Death" constantly has on his face is the look that Gertrude had on her face.

Goats sure are expressive with their facial features! :shocked:

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    GNOMIE! -huggles-

We missed you and your Gnomes.

Oh and don't worry, give your goats some Cookys and they will be happy.

3. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Aww, poor gnomes! My goats did the same thing to me today!!!

4. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    Awwww! I was missed!?! *warm fuzzy feeling*

My gnomes are happy. :lol:

The GOATS on the other hand...

But they did get some nice watermelon rinds this evening. I had to atone for my sins agianst goatkind. :thumb:

5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Hmmmm- I was wondering if you had pygmies/ On the one or two occasions my one girl has been really upset with me, she stood with her front feet on the fence and then turned her head to look me straight in the eye- scary.
    Luckily they never seem to hold a grudge- it goes away at the first sign of treats.

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    LOL They'll get over it, they always do :D

7. greif

greif New Member

Nov 3, 2007
    kaukauna, WI
    mine hate me when I trim their hooves. I sit on a bale in their pen and put them back down in my lap and they hate it, a couple bleat like it's bloody murder, but they do not get hurt.... in a few days they love me again

8. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Mine have no problems being trimmed - they all go on the stand and get fed as they're being trimmed (same way as if they're being milked) - then hop down, get a few alfalfa cubes and go back to their pen - never the dirty looks. (Well, PLENTY of dirty looks, but not for trimming hooves) LOL :).