I think that there may be a issue?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Rogersfarm, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Debbie is one of our senior does and she is due around mid october according to our calendar.We did however have her with our buck a little sooner so she really could be due any time .Besides that she has been having a little blood coming out .Today she has been a little posty walking and her bag has definately gotten bigger in the last couple of days.I just wasn't so sure about the blood.This is not her first kiddinng it will be the second for us and we are not sure how many before we got her.Any thoughts as to why she may be bleeding?I checked on her today and she seems more swollen in her "area" than when these pics were taken yesterday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hmm..........did you check to see.... if she may of torn it and ripped a wound there .....maybe she rubbed her vulva area on something and cut it? check her for that... to rule that out.....

3. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    It comes and goes though .I just went out there and there wasn't any on her and she just looked a little swollen and not ripped or any sores and the same thing happened last night. Its like it bleeds a little during the day but when she rests it stops.I was concerned about the baby or babies .My husband said that if there isn't any brown gloppy stuff then its probably ok.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    there isnt much you can do at this point. So as long as it isnt dark in color its just a wait and see game :/

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Her udder doesn't look near full yet ... so i think you have some time. How are her ligs? are the babies moving around?

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If she doesn't have an injury..... I agree... there is nothing you can do ...other than wait and see........ if she starts dripping alot of blood or acting off... I would recommend taking her to the vet.......... if as you said... it is on and off.... she herself... should be ok for now.... just watch her.... :hug: