I think we are getting close....

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by bbredmom, Oct 21, 2008.

1. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    I think Rosie is getting close....shes acting different, the border collie is STALKING HER, and her belly has shifted. Also, her ligs are GONE, her back seems arched....

I've got her isolated , fresh stall, BOSS seeds in food, etc. Here are some pics from tonite. what do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yes , her tail head is ARCHED! you should be expeting soon!!

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh yes, she looks really ready...did she kid yet?

4. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    As of this morning, she has not kidded yet. I'm a little worried, b/c she is about a week early. But if she has multiples, I guess thats normal.

She hasn't lost her kidding cork yet, but we are keeping her in the stall. I just dont want to risk anything bad happening.

She seems fine. I, however, am a wreck. My hubby is not much better.

Anyone out there willing to share their number incase of an emergency?

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    bbredmom -

Looks like things are going smooth. Has her udder become any tighter and fuller? Not all the time will you see the mucus plug. I have only seen it a couple times on 10ish kiddings last year. She could have lost it weeks ago and not known.

It does look like she is getting close! You should have a set of twins soon (just my guess!)

I am on yahoo messanger under [email protected] or my cell # is 509.499.5828 I am at work - however is what I usually do is listen to the message and then call the person back if I don't know who it is. My work number is 208.769.7821

Hope everything goes great!!

6. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Thank you so much for your contact info! I hope I wont need it, but I want to be prepared.

Her udder had started to get fuller and tighter, and is more noticable from the back. She's also been right by my side whenever I'm outside, which is very strange for her. She is a standoffish goat.

Hubby just checked on her-said she is fine, laying down, chewing cud. She'll get up and stretch every once in a while, and then lay back down.

Should I be concerned about the early onset? Like I said, I've only been able to feel the babies once or twice, and that was weeks ago. But this past weekend they were going crazy! I guess settling in for birth.

So ya'll think twins? Ok, if that's the casr I want :girl: :boy: . I know its weird to want a boy, but since these are Jack's babies, we'd love to have a little Jack Junior. Or Jackie O, if the case turns out.

God, I'm so nervous!

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    She is totally within range to deliver. I have a doe that always delivers about 143.

Just watch - you will see her back legs become posty and she will stop - gaze out like she is "stoned" and then stretch and possibly talk to her tummy.

Call me if need be!

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    That stretching is a good sign she's getting close! Hopefully she'll go soon for you, after my recent "emergency" I'll say a little :pray: for an easy delivery and hope for :girl: :boy:
    Good luck!

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Looks like she's doing good so far. I'm not the most experienced, but I have had to assist a couple times so feel free to call me whenever: 978-870-3769. I am up crazy hours so don't worry about it being to late or early.

I hope everything goes well and that you have some new :baby: :baby: on the ground soon!

10. Iwantgoats

Iwantgoats New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Missouri
    I just wanna say that you all are fantastic. Here is a person that is nervous and in need of encouragement and people just open up and freely give telephone numbers and call anytime day or nights. That is totally awesome :clap:

I hope you have new kids soon and everything goes well for your momma and babies. :)

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is what we are here for :wink:

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Yep, that is why I am a here. Everyone is so great. I know when you are in a situation and you can tell others what to do, but when it is your turn, well you just do brain dead.

Here is my cell number if you need it 719-440-1623. I am always open to help anyone,

13. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    You guys are the best! I'm sitting here are my deak tearing up b/c ya'll dont even know me, and I can feel the support! Thans so much.

DH says she is restless and seems to want out of the pen. Probably to go have her babies in the woods somewhere....

I'll let you know as soon as anything happens! I'm skipping lunch so I can leave early....

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    she is definitely getting closer........ as said before ........you do not always see the "glow plug"......that's what I call it.....LOL
    her tail head is definitely dropped.............. if she kids now........she's in the safe zone and should be alright.........she is not trying to push yet......... so you shouldn't worry to much..............it's when they are in full labor and nothing happens .............you should start to .......really worry..........."I know easier said then done"....... It is going to be very soon... :girl: :boy: .... :)

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I received your add for yahoo messanger and you have been added! Good luck and I am here if you need me! Anytime!

16. MysticHollowGoats

MysticHollowGoats Guest

Sep 10, 2008

17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I to agree........or if you can let her graze and move around........in the day........but still keep an eye on her.............I have noticed if I pen them up ............they are not happy about being alone...........so I changed my mind about penning them up during the day..............It does help........... :)

18. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Hubby just left for Work, and I'll get home about 4:00 PM, so I'll let her out then, very supervised, with the border collie.

I gotte give credit to our BC and GSD puppy. Without any formal training, they have learned to round up the goats, and the BC especially watches the pregnant ones like a hawk. After our two goats were killed a few weeks ago, she was devastated.

If Rosie doesn't pop tonite, I'm going to not only have the baby monitor on full blast, but I'll probably leave Sophie (BC) out there with her outside the pen.

19. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, I hope you have the :coffee: on. I hope she decides to have those babies about 5 minutes after you get home, that way you can be there for her, an witness the whole thing.
    BUT, now you know that she just heard DH leave? Sometimes that is all it takes. Good Luck and get that camera ready.

20. MysticHollowGoats

MysticHollowGoats Guest

Sep 10, 2008
    Ha, thats funny AND very true. But you might give bbredmom a heart attack talking like that LOL :worried: :hair: