I think we have a doe bred to soldier!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sixshooterfarm, Oct 8, 2008.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Ok so I have a doe named eureka, I noticed the other day that she is getting awfully chubby and is building an udder. She is a doe that I had to breed several several times to get her to take, I dident know she took. Look at the pictures and tell me if you think that I have my dates right. I brought home soldier 6/26, I put him and the two other girls I had right into the doe pen, I was excited to have him and wanted to breed him right away to some of my does. Well I had him in the pen for about 2 or 3 weeks.... unfortunatly I dident write down when I took him out of the pen, but I know he was in there for quite a while. So this would make the doe at the earliest due 11/19 to 12/10 if I took him out at 3 weeks. What do you all think??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i think that would be awesome!!

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She looks preggy to me! :leap:

4. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Well does she look like she is far enough along for the time period for soldiers baby?? Man I hope so!!! So Sarah any news on the 4-h girl?? I am gonna bug the heck out of you!!! lol, luv ya

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i think she would be early december..

the 4h girl is reallllly interested.. but no complete confimation yet

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    She looks bred to me also. If I had to guess I would say December - but guess we get to wait and see! LOL!

7. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    darnit..... :sigh: :sigh: Did you tell her what happened to soldier?

She is the kind of doe that bags up super fast, and show no signs before she kids, so it is very possible she could go sooner than december, she is big, her pictures dident turn out good, but she is much bigger in person, I am thinking triplets again.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    did you have her in with any other buck before or after soldier...... had his way with her??

If not ...there shouldn't be any doubts????

To me she does look preggo.............

9. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Congrats!!!! I hope you get some doe kids!!

10. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Well there were bucks in and out of that doe pen, but I have them all written down of in or out of the doe pen just incase something like this happened. I went out and bounced her and there are defiently babies in there, she looks to me like she has 1 maybe at the very very most 2 months left to go. So I am really thinking that these are soldiers. If she kids before 12/10 they are his, and I dont think she will go that far, she is too big and her udder is already pretty advanced for this doe. and the soonest would be 11/10

11. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    do you want me to pray for a doe kid or a buck kid or a soldier buck/doe kid? :)

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    sounds real promising...................sixshooterfarm.......... :) :hug: . :pray:

13. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    CONGRATS!!!!!! I soooo hope these are Soldier's!!! :stars:

14. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Thank you all, I dont care if it is a girl or boy I just want something out of soldier! I want a boy and a girl, or two girls and a boy would be super nice, last time she kidded she had triplet bucks...... hopeing for girls this time lol, a boy and girl would be perfect for me!

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sweet!!! she looks preggy to me! Hoping for a December kidding so she can get bigger and there is at least twins in there ;)

16. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    She looks pregnant to me :greengrin: And I am going to guess that she would be due the end of November :shrug: Keep us posted!