I think we're getting close in Texas

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Mimigwen, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Mimigwen

Mimigwen New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    We have 5 does who are bred, they ran with a buck all summer, so who knows when they are due. But they are sooner then later.

Well, tonight I couldn't feel ligaments on 2 of them, and when I checked 15 minutes ago, Minerva's udder was so full her teats were engorged and I'm surprised she's not leaking milk.

She posty, and and her udder is unbelievable, and she just "looks" ready. So I put her and Amelia in kidding stalls where they are NOT happy. They are the 2 herd queens and think this is a great injustice.

I've been anxiously spinning my wheels for weeks and I'm so very excited!

Both ladies are repeat mothers, so I'm anticipating smooth sailing. The FF won't go for another week or two I think.

I'm so excited and wound up tighter than a drum!
    Mary

2. aceofspades

aceofspades New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    Congrats. That's great I have nigerian dwarfs that tan with buck for a couple months but they are always fat I could not tell who was prego.
    I finally decided that they were not.
    Then (POOF)
    the next morning to my surprise 6 healthy baby's 3 sets of twins in the same night.
    Where in Texas are you I'm in Harper. It's in the hillcountry

3. seren

seren Senior Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Central California
    Good luck. Let us know how it goes!

4. critergiter09

critergiter09 Goat Momma

Awesome good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using GoatSpot

5. Goodluck! Keep us posted!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  7. Texas.girl

Texas.girl Adopted by Goats

Harper!!!!! That is just down the road from me. I am in Edwards County, off hwy 41. We are practically next door neighbors.:D

Congrats to everyone with new babies. I am hoping for some March surprises:pray: