I thiought I'd better introduce myself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by branchari, Aug 21, 2009.

1. branchari

branchari New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    My name is Marie. I own a few nubian goats and I have 3 wonderful children I home school. Its been a task raising them all and not having any free time to myself LOL. If its not the kids, its the goats LOL. Its a 24/7 job around here. Anyway, I would like to get to know you all and maybe share goat stories. I have owned goats for 5 years. I have owned several different breeds through those 5 years. Nubians, boers, alpine and pygmy. I especially like the Nubian breeds. We are thinking about the possibility of milking next year. That should be exciting maybe. I guess I will have to see if I can handle the extra load LOL.

Marie

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Welcome to TGS!!! :wave: You'll love it here!!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A big welcome to you....Marie... :wave: ..I am so ....very happy you joined us.. :greengrin: ..please ...feel free to ask any questions ...you may have ...we are here to help......no question is to dumb..... :hug: :thumbup:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome!!!

Sounds like you certainly have your hands full! Hope that you do give milking a try and that it fits into your schedule, the benefits of having your own "home grown" milk outweigh the benefits of buying it and, milking time is a great way to relax and have some quiet time with your does :wink:

5. Janne

Janne New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Kentucky
    Hi and welcome! :wave:

6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME :greengrin: ........so happy you found your way to this forum....it is the best!

7. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Welcome!!!! :wave: I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!!!! :leap:

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Welcome from Ohio!! :wave:

9. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Hello :) I am a homeschool mama too :)

I just got into goats this past May, although I have always wanted them :) We have some boer/saanen mixed goats, two babies and an older one; and are going to be getting a couple more goats soon that the kind folks here at The Goat Spot have told me look like alpines!

I want to try milking!! I am excited to try it! My older goat Hope is getting bred this month, and we cannot wait til January and the new babies!! :)

Anyhow! Welcome to TGS :) The people here are very knowledgeable and helpful !! :)

10. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Hi Marie, welcome to Goatspot! You will love milking and you can incorperate it into the cirriculum dont you know.
    We are in western Wa state, I am a former homeschool mom. I think I learned just as much as she did!!

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I think I have said this a couple times but I am a homeschool grad :)

Welcome to the forum :) :wave:

12. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama