The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How I got in to goats
I have sheep a lot of them. I needed a goat to teach the sheep to eat dominion toad flax. So I bought weather and he was a great teacher and now there is no toad flax. Last year I met the guy I bought the weather from. He told me he had three milk goats and wanted bum lambs to graph on to his does. I had 65 bum lambs that was easy. He wanted 12 lambs to be put on his three does I about fell over I was expecting him to ask for 4 or 5. With the price of milk replacer I had to know how he was graphing the lambs to the doe. I went to his place and learned how he did it. Now I have 6 young LaMancha doe’s and am building grafting stanches.

I have the older weather to pack and the does will when they get old enough. I am also a scout master. I hate to admit it but I am not as young as I once was, I think I will pack my goats when we make our 50 mile hikes. I think the boys will get a kick out of it too.

· Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am not planning on the doe letting the lambs suck with out being on the stanchon.
my stantion is only 6" off the ground making it easy for the lamb to get hold of the tit.
also the stantion is only 14 inches wide with side rails. this is to keep the doe from moving side to side too much.
the big thing is to keep the doe occupied with food while in the stantion.
i am on the road ( i am in Tennesseright now) so my ability to respond further may be hindered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.