I thought we were done.

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sweetgoats, Feb 23, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well I thought I was done with the kidding in January, well with this nice weather we had I was outside yesterday combing goats and just giving them some much needed attention (yea right, that is what they think). Well we had been watching a few girls because they were getting pretty FAT. Ok I looked at them and thought I was feeding them well.

Well as I was looking at them I noticed that three of the girls Vulva was getting really long and one I could see a little pink and one of the other I saw a little goo. :GAAH: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO), :GAAH: I did not want them bred at all, they just turned a year old like Jan of this month and I just do not like to bred them that young. I am so upset, I have NO idea at all when they will be due so I have to keep a really close eye on them. I felt for a utter, RIGHT, NOTHING, the only change was their teats were a little larger. Now it is not at all unusual for my goats to not bad up at all until they kid but they normally have a little bit. Maybe I have more time.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds like a more recent breeding - like 2-3 months along. Hey it happends, they dont always know what is best for them little wussies! :shades:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    oh gosh - Do you know who the culprit would be??

Keep us posted!

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have no idea who it was. They kept getting out and I thought the girls were saved but I guess they were saved for later.

I was thinking it might of happened in November after I had my surgery my daughter said they got out with the girls. But they are looking a lot closer then that. They look like a few of my girls did that kidded in Jan when I thought I had a little more time to go.

5. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Ohhhh my goodness... I hope they all do welllllllll...

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Looks like you're gonna be :hair: .....I'm sure they'll all do just fine :hug:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California