I thought you guys might enjoy seeing this

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by LiddleGoteGurl, Jan 10, 2008.

1. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    As some of you know, my Grandpa died yesterday. It has been really hard on us all :cry:. Losing a family member is incredibly tough.

My mom went to Madison yesterday to be with my Grandma. She spent the night there. While she was there she was looking through old photos, and you will never believe what she found. These are photos of me and my Grandpa from when I was about 1 or 2 years old.
    These were taken at the zoo... and mind you, I didn't really even know what a goat was until 4 years ago (and now I am totally obsessed lol!). I cannot believe we have them.. they are so precious!! I just had to share, I was so excited when I got them. It means so much more to me, too, now that he is gone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    That is one heck of a fat Nubian!! LOL

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Aw thats so sweet katherine. It looks like you were emant to be a nubian lover even from a young age. you keep petting the nubians. Im sorry about your grandpa, its never easy to lose a family member.
    beth

4. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Thanks so much Beth :). And yes, those Nubians.. goodness... they decided that they were going to captivate me first I guess :D.

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Those are pretty pictures, I started crying when I saw them :cry: I'm sorry you lost your grandpa :hug:

6. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Thanks Sarah. I started crying when I saw them, too!

7. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Okay, here is one more. This one I have had on my wall for awhile. I think I am gonna have to get those other two framed, though.

This one is when I was probably about 8. Again.. Goats didn't mean a thing to me. So that just makes these pictures so... prophetic, kinda, in a way.

[​IMG]
    (note the signs :) )

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

aw so cute this time its pygmys and look i think i see an alpine head in there!
    beth

9. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Yep :). I am so sad that the zoo got rid of the goats :(. That is some people's only connection to them.... otherwise they could very well never come in contact with them. Although they are goats, and I remember being scared that they would bite my fingers off because they were so pushy :D. So maybe it would just be better to have people not know much of anything about them.. than going around telling people how "evil" they are.

10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    those are really good pictures....I am sorry you lost your grandpa!!!

11. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    ooh my gosh. I cried when I saw the pictures. OHH I am so sorry that U lost ur grandpa. I know the feeling when I lost my great grandpa. Keep those pictures and that what I did too. It brings a good memories! Again. I am crying again LOL... Well I am so sorry. But he is in better place.. God Bless you and ur family...

12. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    I'm so sorry, Katherine. I just lost my grandpa a few months ago to cancer. We were very close, as he lived next door... it was incredibly rough on the whole family. I really feel for you and your family. It's wonderful you have those happy memories, though! A goat lover as a youngster, too, what sweet photos!

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Now those are definately memories to hold close to your heart! Sorry bout your pap, I lost mine ...will be 5 years ago tomorrow, so I do know how you feel, though I am a good bit older than you( I was 28 when my grandpap passed away)

14. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    What wonderful precious pictures- maybe to become an album later.
    When my sister died, I decided to get the family pictures together and make an album - the earliest stuff I found was from 1868 -1878- but it took me two years to get through my generation (I left the last pages for my nephews and great nieces.) One of the things that took so long was trying to figure out who was who in the boxes of old pictures most of which were from before I was born. It was also a way of putting my family in perspective- then I sent it to my sister and her family for Christmas and for talking about family stories- my nephew was really interested in my father's service in WWII- I had found his DDay letter to my Mom saying not to wirte for awhile due to military considerations. Some of the things were very sad- some happy.
    These are certainly great pictures.
    Please accept my sympathies over the loss of your Grandfather.

15. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh Katherine I am so sorry about your Grandpa. ((((HUGS))))) Those photos are great.

16. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Awww, thank you so much everyone. I cannot tell you how much your support, hugs, prayers, everything mean to me! You guys are so wonderful! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

17. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Also, I wanted to say thank you so much for sharing all of your stories. It is so nice to be able to relate to other people on this. It really means alot to me.

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I thought about you today. THOSE ARE ADORABLE PICTURES AND WONDERFUL MEMORIES.

19. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Awww, thanks so much Lori :). That is just so sweet of you! It always makes me feel better to know that other people are thinking of me through the tough times.

20. eliya

eliya New Member

Those pictures are great! It sure is hard to loose someone that you are close to. My maternal Grandpa died a few years ago - boy is it ever hard!!! We nearly lost my other Grandpa during surgery this fall, but he has recovered a bit and is doing pretty well. I am praying that the Lord will comfort you and your family while you go through these hard times.