I thought you might enjoy this (from the AIC newsletter)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by greatcashmeres, Feb 6, 2010.

1. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    This was sent to me in an email and it's from the Alpines International Club Newsletter.

Fun Facts about Goat Owners

I got an email a few weeks back that said 1 out of 4 people is wacky. Look at your 3 closest friends, if they seem ok,
    your the one! It got me thinking..

Most of my closest friends also own goats. Here are some of the things we found are everyday life to goat people.

One thing goat owners have in common is that they all walk off the beaten path.

Spare time is foreign to a goat owner.

Most of us has a “city” friend who thinks we are crazy for spending so much time in that barn!

When somebody asks you for your driver's license number you give them your ADGA ID by mistake.

Most of your vacations involve a stay at a goat related event.

You'll drive 2 hours to breed a goat on a moments notice.. You can't find the time to drive 2 hours to visit your cousin
    you've been wanting to visit with for the past two years.

You have your vet's number on speed dial. But there is not need for it. You know the number by heart.

You know your does pedigree three generations back and can recite it when needed.

You've given your children Pepto Bismol that came out of the goats medicine cabinet.

You spend all year long jotting down good names because you may want to use them one day for a new baby.

When you develop a roll of film you find more pictures of goats than you do of your family.

You have at least once been pastuerizing milk on the stove and boiled it over causing a huge mess to clean up.

You spend more time cleaning your barn than you do your house.

On YOUR calendar there are only 3 Seasons. Breeding Season, Kidding Season and Show Season.

Your feed bill is higher than your grocery bill.

You think you should be able to claim your goats as dependents on your taxes.

During breeding season you “smell yourself” before leaving the house to be sure aren't wearing Eau de Buck.

If you ever in a sour mood. Your goats will know it and do their best to make it worse.

You sneak out to the barn five or six times during the course of a night to check on that doe that is going to kid. Of course she kids at noontime the next day.

You've gone to work with Green fingers the day after tattooing kids.

– Beth & Jennifer – AIC Newsletter
    Editors

It came from the site:
    http://www.alpinesinternationalclub.com/Newsletters/aicnewsletter2009-3.pdf

How many apply to you?

2. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

If you ever in a sour mood. Your goats will
    know it and do their best to make it worse.

That's awesome! :laugh: :slapfloor: :ROFL:

3. greatcashmeres

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    "Most of your vacations involve a stay at a goat related event."

I'm guilty of this one! :)

4. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    "One thing goat owners have in common is that they all walk off the beaten path." That is sooo me.

@pennylullabelle: It's so true, though, isn't it? :ROFL:

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    can you copy & paster the quotes on the thread, my computer wont let me download anything...

6. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    After reading those I suspect I have been destined to become a goat person all along, and just didn't realize it until now. Hehe!

7. greatcashmeres

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
  8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thanks!!!

:rofl: lol! i've gone to school with tatoo ink hands before....

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    :oops: I'm guilty of like 10 of those :p lol

10. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

:oops: wow....Im guilty of like ALL OF THOSE....

well.....this is akwrard.... :slapfloor: