The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
HaileyBailey
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't ya just hate it when you want something, but can't have it?

This blue eyed, 5th Gen., Mini Lamancha buck is free to a good home. However, he's timid, has horns, and is just a wee bit to far for me to go get him.

(Deleted CL link)

I didn't ask specifics on testing, etc. knowing I can't have him, but thought I would share the link.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I bet with them saying he is feral in nature, he'd be a booger to catch. He is cute though.

·
Registered
428 Posts
He's cute. I'd just keep him in a small secure area at first while you work on taming him. I kept one of my wild boer does in a horse stall for over a month before she calmed down and learned to love scratches behind her ears. Now she always comes up to me for rubs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
they got pretty close to take pictures
and his dam's name is Feral Ruby Red
maybe they just like saying feral
good luck and don't forget National Husbands day

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
My first buck I leased then purchased later was feral. It took three of us to corner and catch him. every day once we got him home it would put grain in his bowl and hold the bowl with one hand and then I would slowly reach for his collar. He spun away at first, then pulled away, them let me touch him. After a month I could pet him. He became a very gentle loving guy. It can be done but go slow. Good luck!

·
HaileyBailey
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh my this is one of my boys that I sold with his Dam. He was not feral when he was sold, he was a total love bug and I still have his sister who I am milking now. Hmmm.. AdamsAcres if you would like some info or pics of his Sister, Dam and granddam just let me know.
Jennifer! I was just on your website looking at dam and granddam and was looking to see if you were on this site. Which is his sister?

I have him here at home as of today and I can at least tell you that he is healthy. I don't know what he's been through or who with, but I am just ga ga over him. He's GORGEOUS. Now that I've spent a little time with him, I wouldn't say he is feral, but he is very skittish. The person I got him from said he was that way when she got him and she hasn't had him for long. It sounds like I'm his third owner and he's just over a year old. Poor guy needs some lovin'! I'm glad my husband convinced me to take the trip to see him.

I am still pinching myself that he landed in my hands. We spent some time just sitting with him this evening and will earn his trust in due time. We've had a few that came to us scared and unsure. He'll soon learn to trust again and be just as spoiled as the others.

·
730 Posts
CONGRATS on your new guy!! I was late looking at this thread and missed the CL ad (its deleted already)..How about some pics of him so myself and others that missed the ad can celebrate with ya!:cool:

·
815 Posts
His sister is Lazy J Vintage LS Jennifer, she is being milked once a day and giving me almost 1/2 gallon as a FF. I never milked her Dam or GrandDam so I do not know what they produced.

It makes me happy to hear that he is in good hands, I did wonder what happened to him. I sold him and Jennifer along with Ruby to the same lady as she really wanted them. I ended back up with Jennifer and I never knew what happened to Waller.

Uggg... please excuse some of the pics my website as I am still learning how to set up the girls. Who are not cooperating!!

·
HaileyBailey
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your photo's are fine. :) I would love to have the pics of Ruby Red and her udder. At some point I'll be getting a website up as well. At some point... lol

Waller completely changes my breeding plans, for the better of course! I always want to breed up and for quality, but never in my wildest dreams did I expect to come upon such a beautiful specimen to add to my herd. I looked over at my girls last night and said, "You ladies are in trouble". The majority will be out of here come spring so that I can purchase a high quality lady deserving of Wallers gene pool. It was going to take me years to get to those standards. You done good girl and I'm lucky to have the product of your hard work in my herd. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts