I wan't to stop breeding, but how can I turn this down?!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Nupine, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    I have super nice American Alpine doe that I bought last November [well, my parents did :p ] She will be two this May. Her full name is Dark Raptor Cool Breeze. We had bought her as bred, she was supposed to be bred to Irish Rose's son, but she never took. So we took her like in December, he bred her, but she still didn't take. So then in January we loaded her in our van [yes our family van] and took her again [this time we had to drive way out to the middle of nowhere because they moved and we got some pretty poor directions from our friends]. So when we get there we are almost killed by their German Shepherd [not really], but turns out they sold BOTH of their bucks to someone in Texas!! And they won't be getting another till Spring! ARRGGG!!!!!!!!!!! [Our doe isn't a FF, so I was hoping to sell a buck kid out of her. I don't care what any of you would say, but I think a grandson of Irish Rose whose dam was reserve at a local show, is better than the Heinz 57 junk bucks that everyone uses around here and they say they are ''good bucks''] Well, I went to their website 2 days ago, and they got their new buck. He isn't the son of Irish Rose, but he is the LITTERMATE of Irish Rose!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy!!!!!! Although I really want to slow down [I am up to 13] I can't turn this down!! So this fall Breeze is getting bred. I am hoping for doe/buck twins. Actually, if everything would go well 2 does and a buck. Fat chance of that happening. These breeders are pretty good. You give a $5 scrub kid and I am as happy as a lark, but these folks have like a bunch of $1000 goats!! I don't quite understand it though, they sold all three of their best does. [One to me :p ] Odd. If you want to see the buck, go to: http://www.vonshap.com Then go to the Little Shap Herd Dairy, then go to bucks. He is the adult buck. YAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

2. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Cool. :) I really like Irish Rose,and those should be some nice kids.

3. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Congrats, goats are so addictive, i'm always tempted to buy a nice LaMancha when I see one:).

4. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    I wish I could get a Lamancha, but my mom thinks they are weird looking. :roll: They are cute!!! :cool: :leap:

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thats pretty cool :) Well I hope you get does then :)

I love LaManchas, they are my fav :D I've got two coming from the Altrece herd in AZ in a couple days :)

6. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
  7. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    for kids ti's about $200 for 1-2 (same crate). Adults you can't ship together and it runs 300-600..very expensive.