The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want any of your recipes that you make with goat milk! I made yummy caramel yesterday, and I'm hooked! It can be anything that you have tried before! I want to put some of them in my recipe book, to make them when i have some time!

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,397 Posts
Goat milk ice cream is the bomb.com!!!! I can’t drink cow’s milk so EVERYTHING I make is with goat’s milk. I also enjoy a warm turmeric latte of goats milk, ginger, turmeric, a bit of coconut palm sugar or maple syrup, and some cardamom. Delish!!!!

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I want any of your recipes that you make with goat milk! I made yummy caramel yesterday, and I'm hooked! It can be anything that you have tried before! I want to put some of them in my recipe book, to make them when i have some time!
Can I just send my address, so you can send samples? Hahaha!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't drink cow's milk so EVERYTHING I make is with goat's milk.
me neither, but i really want a dairy cow lol! i am weird like that.

@Dwarf Dad , the recipe for caramel i used was @groovyoldlady recipe. They are sooo yummy! Mine never hardened correctly because my thermometer was broken, but it now goes on ice cream

the recipe is in this thread
https://www.thegoatspot.net/threads/goat-stuff-everywhere.206997/

here is my soap recipe if any one wants it

ingredients:
12 ounces coconut oil
15 oz olive oil
13 oz lard
13 oz frozen goat milk
6 oz lye
1 oz essential oils of your choice

1. take a large glass or stainless steel bowl and place in a larger bowl or the sink. Fill the sink or a larger bowl with ice, cold water, and salt so its super cold. in the inside bowl, put your frozen milk

2. VERY slowly, add your lye to the milk, and carefully squish it in to the milk with a stainless steel potato masher. Be sure to keep the milk very cold. You dont want the milk to burn from the lye. Keep replacing the inside ice if you need to. If you smell an ammonia like smell, keep going, this is normal. It will fade while the soap is curing. The soap may turn a different color, this is normal. If it turns dark brown, you will need to start over

3. When your lye/milk is ready keep on ice while you get your oils ready. Combine oils and heat to about 110-125 degrees F

4. When oils are ready, slowly pour lye/milk into the oils. Sir by hand the first 5 minuites, then use a stick immersion blender. It will thicken up quite a bit by then. When it comes to a trace, pour in your essential oils and any additives and pour into your molds.

5. Wait at least 24 hours or more, then take out of molds and cut into desired pieces. Wait 4 weeks, turning it often so all sides are exposed to air. You can test the PH with test strips to be sure its cured

1 - 4 of 4 Posts