I was sure she was bred

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by farmgirl42, Jan 15, 2010.

1. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Well, I'm either confused or disappointed... My one doeling was bred 11/6/09 - the "deed" was seen - and she has shown no signs of coming into heat since then. Until today. She's been flagging for EVERYBODY :( but hasn't yet stood for the buck.

Could she just be "hormonal"? :scratch: Or did she lose the pregnancy sometime in the last 2-1/2 months? :tears:

Thanks for your thoughts.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she could have absorbed OR she is just being preggy hormonal. You will know in a day or two if she stands for the buck.

did any does recently come into heat? did you get a new buck?

3. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    I only have one buck, and he's been in with the girls since early December. She didn't show any signs of heat since I put him in to catch some others. It's now been 3 weeks since any other does came in heat. (I'm really hoping that means they are bred and not just "faking me out". lol)

While I was watching, she would let him "bump" her with his nose and sniff and rub his face on her side. But whenever he would try to get serious she would scoot away. So, I don't know if she just wasn't ready yet or if she was just teasing him.

This morning I don't see any flagging, but they are all pretty single-minded at feeding time...