I was wondering....

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by magilacudy, Jan 27, 2010.

1. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    If we could have some main topics posted to the tops of pages?

I may be blind but as a "newbie" I find it very difficult to acquire basic information on goats. I search the net and dont really find what I'm looking for and I come here because I prefer to read others opinions and responses. But I find I have a hard time searching here for basic information under the categories as well. I'm in the third year of raising goats and still like to read up on everything I can, so here are the things I am interested in researching.

1) Goat Management--Breeding plans-- How do you prepare for breeding? What should you be watching for? Signs doe has been bred? Signs your doe in in heat? How long buck should stay with does?

2)Kidding--Stages of a does pregnancy? Signs your doe is about to kid? Warning signs in kidding? What your part is once the kid is out? What the kid may require from you?

3)Care---Signs your goat is ill? What do you feed and how much? Basic guide to caring for your goat (for beginners)

I would love to hear any other tips people may have, like what your routine is, your set up, toys and and other items you may have for play. Grooming tips.

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Have you tried the search at the top of the page? You can just type in key words for what you're looking for. And not sure if you know there's a view active topics at the top of the page kind of under TGS logo. ;)

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

there is also the topic of the week section that has covered a lot of what you mentioned. Stacey has also put stickys up. If she feels its important, then she has made it a sticky and its always at the top of the page.
    beth

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Did you try in "board index" under Newbie support line

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=11524
    and goat sense 101
    viewforum.php?f=26

There is alot of good stuff in there.... Thanks for your suggestions....Maybe ..we can add some of those issues...if they aren't listed... Stacey has to be the one to do it.... if she wants to add them.... :wink: :greengrin:

Stacey has been working on the site... to make things easier to find..... and doing a great job..... :thumbup:

she is still in the process of ...working on some things...... :wink: :greengrin: :thumbup:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    we have a Newbies section --- go there first :)

Also I am making at FAQ thread but I havent completed it yet -- its been in the works for a while now but I am not ready to unveil it yet ;)

6. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    Thank you so much. I dont know why but for some reason I was not seeing the board index selection.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats how you enter TGS so I dont know why the index wouldnt be available