I wonder how mad..

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Epona142, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    hubby would be if he came home to Hope inside the house?

:greengrin:

I just feel so bad, she is outside crying, at least every time she hears me moving around in the kitchen. She's all alone, since Sugar, Cowbell, and Snowflake were sold and Rudy is visiting her husband down the street.

I've been spending a large part of the day with her outside, even making her nice special hot alfafa mushes with a few raisins sprinkled on top, but she's so lonely and sad at night, it breaks my poor heart.

:worried:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe the poor thing :sigh:

3. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    She would probably be in my house!!!! I have the very large dog crate that I could bring in and she could follow me around or nap in her kennel.
    Sue

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    aww poor hope.

when does the other doe come back?

5. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    As soon as she gets bred. We never saw her cycle when she was with Buckly so we're giving it another shot with the neighbor's buck. Stubborn brat.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    How long was she with a buck?

Poor girl ...being alone.. :( maybe get her a wether for company ..... she has a long time to wait.....for a companion.... if she is still waiting to be bred :( :hug:

7. A wether is not a bad idea so this does not happen again. They are not too pricy and to be honest many need a good home. Poor girl, poor you...maybe and LDG could help some if not a wether? It is not the same but better then no one at all? :shrug:

8. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Right now, I really can't bring home a wether that will just end up resold to make room. Not to mention by the time she got done beating him up Rudy would be home! Plus she'd just scream louder, like she always does when I bring a new goat home.

I feel really bad about her being lonely, but this was a strange situation. Rudy went to visit the buck, and a GREAT opportunity came along for Snowflake and Cowbell, so they were sold, leaving Hope alone. It certainly wasn't planned!

Thankfully, this shouldn't happen again, as I have the two new doelings coming next month or so, and Rudy will come home, and it should be okay.

Until then, I'm doing my best to spend nearly all day with her.