I would like to get a website, but don't know where to start

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by MiddleRiver, Dec 5, 2007.

1. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    And was wondering if any of you could help me out. It must be cheap or free, but right now the only computer i have won't let me on the freewebs or geo. or tripod sites - so those sites are out. Where do i start ? I'm such a computer dummy too. Thanks !

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I use freewebs. It is free and pretty user friendly. I am not done with my site, but you are welcome to look around at it!

http://www.freewebs.com/sunsetlakeranch

the pic at the top of the page is from my front porch. If you have ANY questions, you can email me or pm me through here!!!!

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    you are more then welcome to look at my site if you would like. I use freewebs.com

It is a free site builder and is pretty user friendly.

The sunset at the top of the page, is from my front porch. If you have ANY questions, email me or pm me through here and I would be HAPPPY to help you!

4. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Thanks - i'll try to check it out - my computer only lets me go to some freewebs sites though - so unless i can get somebody else to build it for me i doubt i could use freewebs - i tryed to make one on there last year, and i couldn't - i'm truely am a website dummy :+)

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I think it probably has to do with your browser settings.

Maybe if you set freewebs as an ok site you can access it.

Now don't ask me how to do that but I do know it is under internet settings.

6. strothergoats

strothergoats New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Louisiana
    Either your security settings are too high, you have a firewall set up with virus scan like macfee or your pop up blocker is on. Try these and see then if you can get on the sites.

7. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    I can't do anything to this computer as it's my work computer - thats even if i could figure it out. How much does it cost to have somebody build a website ? Thanks !

8. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    I could build one for you on freewebs for free. =)

9. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Sara - i sent you a PM

10. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    pm'ed you back

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

freewebs seems to be the number one choice around here. Im kind of a computer dummy as well. Once i got some help and learned how to do things it was easy.
    The cheapest i ever found for someone making me a site was four hundred dollars.
    beth

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I like FreeWebs the best, the sites load fast, there isn't a lot of adds, they are easy to build and maintain, and its easy to have an expensive looking website(that cost you absolutely nothing!! :D)
    Anyway, since freewebs is out for you, there is also Angel Fire and Brave Host, those are the only free ones I can think of right now.

13. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I made my website with Homestead, (http://www.homestead.com). It was really easy to do but it does cost, not alot though. I've been really happy with it.