I would Like to see a picture of the "Perfect" udder!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by GoatsRMyBabies, Mar 9, 2009.

1. GoatsRMyBabies

GoatsRMyBabies New Member

Feb 28, 2009
    I know its very hard to get to perfect ... but any picture that shows a great udder would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I dont have any perfect udder pictures so I cant help but just want to say welcome :wave:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    GoatsRMyBabies...welcome.... :wave: ...glad you have joined us.... :)

I am sure someone will come along and post a picture for you.....I've seen some really nice udders in other posts...... :greengrin:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome to The Goat Spot :wave:

Sorry - I don't have perfect udder shots - but you can look on the AGS website or ADGA and I do believe that they have some there.

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I don't think I really have any perfect udder shots either. . . or that there is such thing as a "perfect udder." Here's a photo of a FF doe of ours that I am very proud of.

She is a FF, so not at her full capacity yet. Her medial does not look very well-defined here but it improved after she was milking a little longer.

[​IMG]

6. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Maybe I shouldn't post this as it certainly isn't perfect but it's pretty good. She has done well in the show ring.
    This was a FF also. I'm looking forward to her udder this year. She's due in May. I will say that I'm having a hard time drying this girl off as she wants to keep producing milk. She's going on one year since her freshening last March and I'm still getting well over a half gallon from her daily.

[​IMG]

7. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Welcome to TGS, Hope you like it here.! Wish I could help with this ........

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Fiasco Farm has some very nice Lamancha udders on her site. Goldy lines and I think the other is Ovalteenaweena. Excellent udders.

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    One of the funniest things I have ever seen is the pic of Ovalteenaweena on the FiasCo Farm site - her "playboy pose" is hilarious!!! :slapfloor:

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome!!! In all honesty I don't think you will find a pic of a "perfect" udder....lol

We all have our ideas on how a udder should look, but I will say to check out the forum members websites.....quite a few have girls with udders I would love to milk!

11. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    There is no such thing as a 'perfect' udder. ;-) My FF doe Abby, had a near perfect udder. Looooong extended fore and high wide rear. Shaped like a basketball and perfect texture and MSL. Teat placement near perfect. Fault? Small. But she didn't have a chance to expand... She died in kidding.... go figure. BEST goat in the barn and my baby left me. (not to mention the sweetest) I hope to get another doe out of her sire.

Here is where I brag on Munchin Hill... Allegheny's udder isn't 'perfect'.... she needs a longer fore, but her rear is impressive. Her teats need to be a little bit to the outside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peek-a-Boo has a beautiful fore udder.

[​IMG]

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    kastdemurs (sp) has some really nice udders on their site.

here a home bred doe i'm really proud of

she is two days fresh in these pictures, with about 9 hours of milk.

I would like to see a higher rear udder and longer teats, but her fore udder is one of the best in my herd and though her teats are small, she is a first freshener and they'll get longer.

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    this is kabooki's maternal aunt as a first freshening yearling.

its a horrible picture of an awesome doe

14. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

WOW SDK that doe you posted is amazing- I cant believe she is a FF yearling :shocked:

15. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

LOL Kelsy you have good taste! I got a buck out of peek a boo a few years ago before she did so well at nationals. Talked long to Pat Adels. Everyone was scrambeling to get a buck kid from annie, but i just liked peek better. She had placed 21st that year as aposed to annies second place finish. Peek had my buck kid out of river, a massive level beautiful buck. You should of seen the size of the kid when he got off the plane. When i pulled him out of the crate he just kept coming and coming i couldnt believe how long he was!
    Two years later i got a buck kid out of annie as well. Apex is the full brother to alleghany and a la carte.
    beth

16. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I do not have a picture of a utter at all but I also wanted to say Welcome to TGS. Glad you are here. :wave:

ozarksvalley, I am so sorry that you lost that beautiful doe.

17. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    Thanks, sweetgoats. :)

Oh, Beth, I'm jealous..... how do you like your boys? Have they produced the same type in their offspring? I am actually saving up for a Munchin Hill buck. I'd love to get one out of Peek, Annie, or Allegheny.
    My current buck is from Cream-of-Kansas.... I'm very pleased with him and thought the Munchin Hill genetics might cross well. "Mitch" produces those "E" udders... Abby was his granddaughter. I wish I had freshened daughter so I could post his typical udder. They fit the 'third' guidelines.

18. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

yea.. she appraised with an "E" udder that year too.. as a FF!?!

i'm soo anxious for kabooki's udder.. shes linebred on that doe's full brother.

and she's bred to a buck who's to die for

19. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Im very pleased with the kids they have produced. Buster who is peeks son made some major size improvements. My does tend to be on the small side. Apex, who is the annie son made the most improvements in confirmation. And my daughters out of buster who were bred to apex produced the best kids. Im now incorperating some missdees' lines through my new buck.
    beth

20. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    Cool! That should make an amazing cross... I wish you the best of luck. :)