ID Please

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Kupres, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Kupres

Kupres Guest

Oct 6, 2009
    G'day.. I recived this goat from a friend & i really want to find what breed/or likley mix of breeds it might be?? Anaway, any help or coments would be much appricated... Oh BTW i am in Australia & the goat has really long big & fat teets or nipples (However you call them) So i am assuming it has some blood in her from & milking variety..

Regards.

Attached Files:

2. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I would say she is a british alpine/nubian mix. She has the droopy ears and build of a nubian. but her ears arnt quite as long as they should be. She aslo has the straight face and swiss marking of a BA. And welcome to the group!
    beth

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I was going to say the same thing sparks. I really think she is that cross exactly.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome ...Kupres....so happy to have another person join ....from Australia..... :wave: ...If you have anymore questions..... please feel free to ask..... :thumbup:

I to ....agree with the others ....british alpine/nubian mix..... :wink: :greengrin:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome Kupres. I have to agree with the others. I will say she is very pretty.

SO glad you are here with us. :wave:

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Welcome!! :wave:

I have to agree with Beth also. Seems reasonable. ;) :greengrin: Very pretty!!!

7. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    Very cute Alpine mix !! Learned something, kids in Australia are called "Bubs" Welcome here.

8. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    Welcome :wave:
    nice to have another aussie.....
    attached is a photo of a kid doe i had she is a British Alpine/Toggenburge Anglo Nubian cross for comparisons

Attached Files:

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

very cute! where do you think she got the color from? That color here on an alpine would be a cou clair. I know in australia BA's only come in the sundgau patturn.
    beth

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Hi from another Aussie! I'm flat out at the moment so havent been around much ...

I'll put my vote in for the BA/AN cross ... or the other thing I'm thinking is AN/Boer but as was previously said (I think by sparks?) those swiss markings need to come from a swiss marked breed, BA or Togg

She looks sweet whatever she is!

11. Kupres

Kupres Guest

Oct 6, 2009
    Thank you all so much for your replys & welcomes,,, She was pregnant when i got her,, I dont know what got her 'knocked up'r?? I am thinking a wild feral buck?? That is all what it could be around where i got her from.. Anaway i am really enjoying goats in general...I have a few others,,, just wish i had more land!! Once again thanks for the help & support.

Cheers!

12. Kupres

Kupres Guest

Oct 6, 2009
    Hello there Gumtree!! I am in SEQ aswell,, actually in Brisbane,,,, Just woundering,,, The pic of the kid-doe you posted for comparisons,, Its a little honey!! do you breed goats?? if so i would be interested in buying some,,, & if you don't do you know where to get close by some Togs,Nabs & BA's?? Cheers!!

13. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia

hello... I'm about 4 hours further north than you by the looks...
    no i don't breed them...i had them as pets...and sold them in june...now i have angoras :)
    Try looking up the dairy goat society of qld...and whatever you do, don't buy goats that have CAE
    cheers

14. Kupres

Kupres Guest

Oct 6, 2009
    Cool,,,, Thanks for the tip!! BTW,, forgive my ignorance,, but what is CAE?? & how do i find out if my current goats have it??

Regards.

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    CAE is Caprine Arthritis Encenphilitis (I spelled that wrong I know) - you can have them blood tested to find out if you they have it

16. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    i could tell you what it is ,, but it would take me a month...look it up on the net... :)
    or ring some goat person :)