Idaho - small farm seminar coming

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, Sep 24, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Just thought that I would let you all know that there is a seminar coming to Moscow, ID. I think that I am going to go and was wondering if anyone else is. I called and talked to the lady, and she is having a cordinator call me back to answer some more detailed questions.

She did send me a copy of the flyer if anyone would like it to read a bit more or print for their registration. Just email me and I can send it to you. sunset_lake_ranch@yahoo.com

I know one of the ladies that is presenting - she is the one that has my 2 little goaties now that I was talking about last week when I was so upset.

Sustainable Livestock Production Course-Sat. Oct.25, 2008 from 8:30-4:30pm. Topics covered include pasture management, grazing techniques, animal husbandry, processing, distribution, and marketing your products, grass farming, appropriately scaled farming, and local food systems. Includes producer-led panel discussions that will focus on sustainable techniques for raising a variety of species including cattle, sheep, pigs, goats, chickens and turkeys. $25 Course Fee includes lunch; $15 half-day no lunch. Contact info and registration: Mari Rice, UI Sustainable Agriculture, at 208-885-2049 or ricem@uidaho.edu.