The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am thinking about converting one of these to a training cart for the goats. The wheels are about 12 inches, I was thinking making them 16 inch to start, building shafts on one end and converting it to have a seat. Any thoughts from experienced trainers?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It is a deer cart, hunters use them to haul the deer out of the woods. Most are made from steel, but light enough that a hunter can carry it easily if needed
the specs on the one I am thinking of are
Carry weight: 32 lbs.
Maximum capacity: 300 lbs.
Length: 57".
Platform: 29"L x 19-1/2"W.
Platform width: 19-1/2".
Wheel diameter: 15".
Height: 42".

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I think.... that it might be a bit low to the ground. It looks like it will tip backwards if you attach it to a goat... But I am no expert trainer!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree too low, thinking maybe 26' wheels once my wether is grown enough. I'm thinking that those two bars holding it open could get a 90(?) degree angle bent into them to make a seat platform, add a couple of shafts to hook on to. cutting the *back* down lower so the bottom is longer than the top.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you sylvie. Talked to Hubby and he things it would work too. If I make it I will be sure to post pics for everyone to see. budget looks like about $120 for everything, and I have a friend who is trying to get me a deer cart for cheap so may be less than that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts