The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bekkidotes
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

So, clearly my boyfriend and I are suckers, because we just impulse-rescued 2 does and a kid yesterday, bringing our total up to 8. :dazed:

On the one hand, we DID always want to get into this so we could rescue and rehome goats to nice homes, but on the other hand, we have now realized we have a goat buying problem and have enacted a ban on buying any more goats this summer (but I'll have to let you know how that works out, because, as mentioned, we are Mr. and Mrs. Sucker). :rolleyes:

Our little kid is a cute pygmy buck who we will be wethering (we named him Scrappy), but our two does we cannot agree on what basic breed they are. My boyfriend thinks fainters and I can kind of see it, but I also think they're pretty small and may be pygmies. They are big sweetie sweethearts and I'm so glad we got them, but I'd also love to hear y'alls opinion on names! :lovey: The brown one is very bossy, the brown and white one is timid and sweet. We were thinking "Queenie" for Ms Bossy but would love suggestions on both of them. These are our first does! :fireworks:

In other news, I also still REALLY want to get 1-2 miniature horses, but am respecting my self-imposed summer ban on more animals! :thumb:

Attachments

·
8,495 Posts
You have discovered "goat math". They don't teach it in school! It's like this: first you get one or 2 goats. Then they multiply (breeding, buying, rescuing...) somehow and after awhile, you have a bunch! So 1+1= at least 6 up to a lot! And this is the wrong place to ask "should we get another goat?"

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
You have discovered "goat math". They don't teach it in school! It's like this: first you get one or 2 goats. Then they multiply (breeding, buying, rescuing...) somehow and after awhile, you have a bunch! So 1+1= at least 6 up to a lot! And this is the wrong place to ask "should we get another goat?"
Laughing 'til I'm crying here!!!

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Several of my Lamanchas have those hairy legs, so fainters are not the only hairy ones. My Mancha buck is incredibly hairy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts