The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a similar game we play in gatherings with Bengali idioms, 'bagdhara'. I thought it would be fun to try here!
So the rules are, I say an idiom/expression and it's meaning, and the next person says one starting with the last letter of the previous one and so on.
You can say an idiom of any language as long as you translate it and say what it means. Everyone can post as many times as they want . I know mostly Bengali ones so I'll probably give most of those 馃槈
I'll start with;
'Dudher machi'- (flies around milk) :means people/a person who is only around in your good times
So the next one has to start with 'i'
Good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm gets eaten! Means being the first isn鈥檛 always best. It all depends on perspective.
Nice expression! But it had to start with 'i' remember ..game rules馃槈 ...

Registered
I know the early bird gets the worm, but the early worm gets eaten! Means being the first isn鈥檛 always best. It all depends on perspective.
I think it could count because you started it with 鈥淚 know...鈥

Registered
Hit the ground running.
(Meaning: start a task or job with a lot of momentum and enthusiasm and basically at full speed).

Registered
Guter Rat ist teuer. (German. Translation: Good advice is expensive). Meaning: I don鈥檛 know the answer.

Registered
Liebe geht durch den Magen. (German. Translation Love/the way to a person鈥檚 heart is through the stomach). Meaning: If the other person loves your cooking, you have got good chances...
Or maybe it means when you are on love, you sometimes can鈥檛 eat.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts