If time, space, and money weren't an issue...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dover Farms, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I'd get...

Saada King's X X Saada Bearly Zimri buck
    Saada Hellatious Bawky-Bird X Saada Royal Pandemonia buck
    Saada King's X X Saada Sparkling Zinfindel doe
    And maybe a doe out of Saada Ishmael...I'm liking his daughters, too! Oh heck I'd just take Merle. :greengrin: Not because of her color...that's just icing on the cake, but I really like how she is built. I'd probably add a few more animals either from Kastdemur's or Blissberry, too.

Add all those with what I already have and the new genetics coming this spring(hopefully) and WOW!!...I'd love to see how these imaginary goats look!!! :drool:

That's my "goat wish list." But let us not forget the thread name "If time, space, and money weren't an issue..." I'm just daydreamin' and somebody needs to smack me! lol NOT gonna happen! :slapfloor: At least not any time soon...maybe if I'd win the lottery at which I don't even participate. :laugh:

So, what does your "goat wish list" look like?

2. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

:greengrin: *I'm suppose to be studying for my finals so shhh, I wasn't here, you didn't see anything ok?* :wink:

I would love a ARMCH Lost Valley Haley doeling from Lost Valley,
    A buck from ROCKIN-CB SOON I'M A TEASE 5*M from Rockin CB,
    and the list would go on, but my mother's coming up the stairs to make sure i'm 'studying' :greengrin: so I gotta go.

3. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    :ROFL: Nice!

Autumn Acres has a Tease son out of Kastdemur's Tach Lach, an Evian son. :greengrin:

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    There are so many on my list, it'd take to long to write them all down... :laugh:

Tops are:
    Tukswitt Farm
    Enchanted Hill
    New Moon Nigerians

5. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    If money, time and space (in order of sorely lacking in my world) weren't an issue, I'd add dairy goats (probably nigerian dwarf) to my pygora herd and start milking for milk, cheese and soap.

I'd need the $ first to make a state of the art milking building so I can legally sell the product; if money weren't an issue I could quit my full time job and would have plenty of time to milk twice a day; if money weren't an issue I could buy the adjacent farm & would have plenty of space for my 'state of the art' dairy building.

I see a theme here. I realize money doesn't solve all problems, but I would sure like to trade my current ones for whatever set of problems having plenty of it creates.

6. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Okay...if time, space and money weren't an issue...

Oh my gosh...I don't know where to begin. I like the Castle Rock does so some daughters from Honey Hart, Sara....oh oh maybe Sunsprite...most definitely a son out of Sunsprite. I'd spread that udder all over my herd! lol There's a few Adobe Acres girls I wouldn't mind a few does from...Wouldn't mind a daughter from Black Dahlia and/or Sarafina (Twin Creeks)...I don't really like some of the results I have seen of "line breeding" - one super nice kid and one hiccup, or something like that. But there are a few nice goats at Rosasharn I wouldn't mine a daughter or son from!

7. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    You know I almost forgot....I'd also get a few Wingwood Farm animals, too. :greengrin:

You know...it's probably a good thing that time, space, and money are issues....or I would be over run with goats!! :laugh:

8. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Oh, MissMM, are you reading my mind? :greengrin:

If money weren't an issue, I would have the time and space! LOL

Anyway, if I had everything I needed (money, time, space), I would be getting me some Sir Echo and Ober-Boerd does, and definitely one or two of imported Swiss genetic bucks from Sir Echo.

And then, because I had the time from not having to work :wink: my "grown-up job", I would make and sell my own cheese and soaps.

Ah, what a dream!

9. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

If time, space, and money weren't an issue....

I dont think buying goats would be my first choice....hehehe

I would get

a 100x100 barn with ten 10x10 horse stalls, a 20x20 tack and feed. 10 5x8 isolation stalls, 20 5x8 kidding stalls. Indoor feeding area.(Maybe two) Indoor wash area with drainage. Indoor run ins. A lounge area for sleeping with cameras set up near the kidding stalls and a monitor in the lounge. A grooming area. Full electric with TV, PC, all that and plumbing for a bathroom. And of course heat and AC. :D (I think I may have fun on 'paint' with this one!!

The second thing I would buy is fencing to fence my fields!!!!!!!!

Third. A new trailer. Totally enclosed and alluminum . 20 foot long with a supply/sleeping/dressing room. And about 16 feet of floor space with dividers that could be taken out and moved anywhere in the trailer.

Fourth. Maybe a new trailer for the horses. A two horse would be nice with a large tack room. Room enough to hold bottle babies if we have to take them to horse shows.

Fifth. A new TRUCK!! Man I need a four by four!! Our little jeep just barely makes it up icey hills with our trailer! And we cant pull those new trailers with the jeep. Too heavy.

Sixth. I would put a brand spankin new room in the house. a 15 by 15 would suffice. Lenolium. A good room for the bottle babies. A tv in there would be good too. Little Einsteins to make the babies smarter. :D

Seventh. I would buy ranch hands. Well not buy them but have the money to pay them for the rest of my life. Hahaha.

Eighth.....welll. I would like more spotted does that are heavily muscled and weigh 200+lbs. A good red buck. Some Savanna does.....hmmnnnn. Yepp I think Im done! Now youve got me wishing. Hehehehe

10. Idahodreamer

:ROFL: You certainly don't hold back! :slapfloor:

11. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    No kidding!! :slapfloor:

Good ideas though. :thumb: I want a big barn, too, but I haven't gotten it all figured out like you do!! I'd need a milking parlor, panels that could be easily removed and space enough to get a skid steer in there to clean pens!! :leap: Hmm...this makes me wanna sit down and make new barn plans. :laugh: Oh yeah and the whole big trailer thing and new truck..I'm all for that, too!

12. Idahodreamer

I like my barn ... I just wish my dad would remove his 'tools' from it so I could build my kidding pens! :ROFL:
    I am hoping to build a milking parlor in 2011 because right now I am milking in my dirt floor barn and everything get's really dirty and dusty. :(
    but . . .as always, big far away dreams. . . .I need a fairy godmother. :D

13. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    lol great minds must think alike ... on my cattle board atm there is a thread entitled 'your dream herd'

well, if money, time and space werent an issue I would:

1. Have a mixed herd of 250 recips full of nigerian dwarf embryos, leading to the first nigerian dwarf herd in Australia

2. Have a similar herd of sheep, full of Jacob and Racka embryos, to introduce those to Australia

3. Have 50 - 100 registered English Longhorn cows

4. Be importing sundgau alpine semen and embryos to infuse a bit of quality to the Australian British Alpine (which, incidently, I would have 30 - 50 registered does in milk plus associated dry stock and kids)

5. Be importing boer semen and embryos from america - particularly from pam's (toth boer goat) animals - and have some way of registering them and having shows accept them

6. Have 20 registered does, and associated drystock (bucks, goatlings, kids) of each of the following - traditional boers, paint boers, savannahs, red boers and 100% sth african angoras (ok maybe I want 50 of those lol)

7. Put in a commercial dairy, 500+ milkers, mainly saanen but some of the other breeds as well, a machine milking parlour, and the associated plant to turn fresh milk into powdered milk, and supply the chinese market.

8. I want at least a registered breeding trio (two does and a buck) of each of the dairy breeds - just cos! - so I can have a noahs ark - some of every animal lol

9. Oh hell while I'm at it I want 500+ commercial boer does, to be able to turn off 30 - 70 capretto kids every week, direct to the restaurant and halal butcher trade

10. Then I also want a handful of really top quality illawarra cows, alpacas, mini donks, mini horses, polish chickens, jacobean pigeons, haflingers, dexter cows, highland cows. One galah, one turkish angora cat, one egyptian mau.

LOL I could go on and on forever.

OH - thats what I forgot. Goat specific harnesses and vehicles.

lmfao

14. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Hey. :D I dont hold back! Haha. Im a dreamer that dreams of reality.

15. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Montana
    First, I'd buy a nice place instead of renting. I'd like a walk-in closet because besides my goat addiction, I also love clothes. I'd build a nice big barn and a hay barn, buy a Toyota Tundra and a nice trailer.
    As for goats, I also love those Saada girls. I happen to have met many of them at shows and know the Saada folks. I'd also like a kid out of Zinfandel as well as Vintage Sirrah and Bearly Lavendar. I'm still kicking myself for not buying the Lavendar buckling Laura offered to sell me a couple of years ago. I do, however have a new buck who is related to Lavender's sire - the Iron Owl lines and his dam has Kastdemur's. Most of my goats also have Saada in their pedigree, so I should be happy.

16. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    I would buy 1000 boers and acres and acres of land,barns, and 4 wheelers, and LGD's, and a new truck and trailer- and some hired help-cuz I would be soooo exhausted!! Oh I wish!!! Who am I kidding- Im here on my 2 acres with my 40 goaties-my jeep-and my barn-I do love my barn-

17. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Believe it or not, I probably would not want a whole lot more goats (but I would definitely be shipping in). I'd want to keep the herd at about 10-15 ~ but I'd have my own land and a bigger barn with milking parlor (heated with running warm water) plenty of pasture with some wooded area for the goats, perfect fencing, and participate in DHIR.