The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
And do you smell like a buck? I happened to just change from pajamas back into jeans to go outside and leash breed an unwilling doe... And yes, the whole house does stink from the jeans. And yes, it is absolutely worth it. And sadly, yes, I would do it again, even at 1 in the morning (if my buck so chose to be in love at that ungodly hour) ;)

Ahh the joys of farming... :lol:

·
Shady Acre Homestead
14,283 Posts
And do you smell like a buck? I happened to just change from pajamas back into jeans to go outside and leash breed an unwilling doe... And yes, the whole house does stink from the jeans. And yes, it is absolutely worth it. And sadly, yes, I would do it again, even at 1 in the morning (if my buck so chose to be in love at that ungodly hour) ;)

Ahh the joys of farming... :lol:
I think them jeans would be on the deck ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have begun to consider dirt a permanent part of my outfit. Dog biscuits in my pocket. Hands stained yellow from giving my goat Vitamin B injections. What's next? The chicken's feathers in my hair?!

You roll out of bed, stick on ugly jeans and a stained t-shirt, don't even brush your hair, and head out for the before-breakfast milking. By the time you've finished that, let out and fed the poultry, got everyone fresh water, fed and cuddled the two labradors, and maybe decided now is as good a time as any to muck out...well, let's say the effect is even better. Then you FORGET cleaning up as you have to weed and squash bugs and dig and put up fencing anyhow...and then a pristine neighbour shows up. :slapfloor:

Oh, my. Country life!

AND I have a four-month old doeling who evidently thinks she is a puppy, as she is constantly following me round and putting her 'paws' (hooves!) up on me to beg for attention! Tiny muddy hoofprints.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought it was a good "catch phrase". LOL! Oh, and here is the story of what I was doing BEFORE that happened.

So I go see my neighbors and walk inside, because his mom is suffering from lung cancer so I have been trying to do all I can to help. Well, I was taking the trash out for them and I go to the door to take the trash out. Evidently, I had no shoes on... Well, his wife says to me, "Where are your shoes?! You need your shoes, it is muddy out there!"... and I say, "I don't need my shoes though.. I don't where shoes very often..." And she yells at me to go get my shoes and go out the front door, where they are. LOL!

It's a good thing I went before this happened, lol

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, but someone might soon get the feeling that I am morphing into one. :p
My poor jeans get washed nearly every day... I need to stock up!
OMGoatness, I meant, do you want to buy a stinky buck? :eek::crazy:

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
That is a farmer and a healthier person.

I saw somewhere about a study done on kids (adults), that are in the barn and all the different dirt's, and fecal matter that tend to be healthier then those city kids that walk around with that hand sanitize stuff. :cool:

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bet that is true! It sounds kinda unfortunate (all around that fecal matter - lol) but really I belive that. Farmer's also have bigger brains, IMO. LOL

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Farming also forces you to loose weight, if you do it right. ;) I've learned that throughout the years. I don't eat anything now. It's 3:00 and I haven't eaten today.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
That is a farmer and a healthier person.

I saw somewhere about a study done on kids (adults), that are in the barn and all the different dirt's, and fecal matter that tend to be healthier then those city kids that walk around with that hand sanitize stuff. :cool:
I bet that's extremely true!
in the past 2 years iv only got sick once! ( and I was around several hundred people every day)
and I have a friend whose home schooled their house is spotless(they use a lot of hand sanitizer too; always have it with them) and their sick every few weeks.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WOW... looks like farming really does make you loose weight! At my "fattest" lol I was 120... now I am 109!

3 weeks ago... or two... I weighed 116. Now I weigh 109.... yay! :)

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay.. I know I didn't make this thread for this reason, but does anyone think I look fat? :help:

I have been constantly trying to lose weight as I feel so.. STUBBY. LOL Being 5' 3" makes me so short and... well, stubby. Haha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts