The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goat's name is Elvira. She's a sweet heart! What do you like about your goats? Elvira always, always, i'm going to say it again, always wants to be with me! she's very gentle, sweet. But can be frustrating when it's worming time, cause she won't eat it!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Love this thread!
I will just do one but will do my others later
Cricket: She is my baby! I love her so much and could never part with her. She loves black licorice, Replamin plus, selenium gel, and anything sweet, salty, or bitter! She is an easy keeper and an easy trainer! I love her just as much as she loves me. Although she is the bottom of the food chain, nothing gets to her, and she has a great personality! The only thing she doesn't like is her horns touched, but I respect that, and will not touch her horns. She is very gentle, and a very smart girl! She may be a little too vocal for her britches, but I know the only reason she is so vocal is that she wants me back in the pen with her for some more snuggles!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Clydius De GOAT! The buckling in my picture is one half of Bonnie N Clyde. I didnt ever have goats, they are my first. Clyde has been a learning experience. He has a ton of personality and knows a couple little tricks to get snacks. He's your typical nasty, stanking, horny geught but I love him to death he's my boy. I got him when he was 9 days old, bottle fed him, and every day I come home for work, he's there waiting on my like a dog.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
He is indeed, my buddy.

Bonnie is my pygmy runt geught. Shes aka "Lil Root" or Sassafrass because she has full attitude, very loving girl, but she will stand up on her back legs and go full goat! LOL, small in size, big in personality. Love them both! :mrgoat:

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Clydius De GOAT! The buckling in my picture is one half of Bonnie N Clyde. I didnt ever have goats, they are my first. Clyde has been a learning experience. He has a ton of personality and knows a couple little tricks to get snacks. He's your typical nasty, stanking, horny geught but I love him to death he's my boy. I got him when he was 9 days old, bottle fed him, and every day I come home for work, he's there waiting on my like a dog.
Oooo! You been quiet lately! How is bonnie doin?

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Hey! I had a bad tooth ache, work, and stuff but I'm back around here. :) She's doing good lil short self, think we finally got through another heat spell with her so she's been quiet(ER) lol.
So clyde didnt get the job done then eh. ;(.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Hey! I had a bad tooth ache, work, and stuff but I'm back around here. :) She's doing good lil short self, think we finally got through another heat spell with her so she's been quiet(ER) lol.
So clyde didnt get the job done then eh. ;(. My gardenia was blubberin at me a few days ago again. Whinin that the other girls got their needs met and when was it her turn lol! I am debatin a nigi buck for her. But i need be skimpy on our dollars for a bit cause i jus went to ky to take care of middle son and his family with the flu. Mini vacas are never cheep. ;/. I jus wonder if she will cycle all uear or maybe only in fall and winter. We think she is a kinder.

·
Registered
485 Posts
What a fun thread!! I have two currently and a deposit on a doeling but I'm just going to talk about the two I have.

Charlie "Char" is a myotonic goat. She's pregnant expected to kid soon!! CAN'T WAIT! She's definitely becoming the queen around here! She loves my kids and likes to follow them around in the field playing.

Daisy is our pygmy. She's a wild little thing and a big escape artist! Super sassy personality but so much fun to be around!
Char.jpeg
Daisy.jpeg
Daisy.jpeg
Daisy.jpeg

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
1. I think that Elvira has too soft surface for walking, and maybe too hard for lying down. Check if you can do something to help her!

2. I had many favourites during the years, here is one:

"Gal" was born when I watched, and her mother was very very kind to me. The small one became even kinder! She just loved to lie in my lap. So she did. But. She was a jealous one. Every time another kid came and wanted to lie in my lap, Gal bit its ear! Hard. I decided this could not go on, so I began to rise and walk away as soon as "Gal" only LOOKED at an ear. End of cosiness! She learnt quickly not to bite ears, but when another kid came and entered my lap, "Gal" really wanted to bite, and struggled hard not to. I could see that she shook, all of her, struggling not to bite that ear ...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1. I think that Elvira has too soft surface for walking, and maybe too hard for lying down. Check if you can do something to help her!

2. I had many favourites during the years, here is one:

"Gal" was born when I watched, and her mother was very very kind to me. The small one became even kinder! She just loved to lie in my lap. So she did. But. She was a jealous one. Every time another kid came and wanted to lie in my lap, Gal bit its ear! Hard. I decided this could not go on, so I began to rise and walk away as soon as "Gal" only LOOKED at an ear. End of cosiness! She learnt quickly not to bite ears, but when another kid came and wanted to cosy, "Gal" really wanted to bite, and struggled hard not to. I could see that she shook, all of her, struggling not to bite that ear ...
She sounds like a good goat! And what you said about Elvira, That's not her pen. She is out and about. she is in what we call "the back yard" cause we live in the country our back yard is well big! LOL Elvira has a nice dry spot of leaves to sleep in, and at the barn (it's not really a barn, we just call it that) is hard ground. Maybe I don't understand what you mean?

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I looked at Elvira's hoofs and knees. Maybe the picture is old, and the problem is now history.

As for Gal, she was a bit of a challenge. Love is beautiful, but not always very practical ...

I wonder why I see three identical photos of Daisy ... Seems to me as if the forum doubles some pictures, and even triple some.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts