If you're looking to transport a goat in 2010...

Discussion in 'Transport Terminal' started by pennylullabelle, Jan 10, 2010.

1. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Hey everyone, just posting to say I am a road-tripping kind of gal and I'll be buzzing all over the Western states (UT, OR, WA, AZ, NV, CA, ID...maybe some MT, one for sure trip to TX) throughout 2010. If there is a goat you're looking to buy/sell within these states (or maybe you are looking to bring someone from the East to West or West to East and I can help get him/her half way) just let me know. PM me and I'll let you know if I am making a trip in your area soon and we can talk! Just ask for some help with gas $, if I am already traveling I will have my own lodging arranged.

2. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    Re: If you're looking to transport a gost in 2010...

I sent you a pm the other day, did you get it? If not, just curious as to when you think you might be in Texas and what part. Feel free to pm or email me if you didn't get my original pm.

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009

Ghosts can transport themselves :p

4. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ

LOL. I was going to say the same thing. When are you going to OR? and where are you going from there?

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

When will this trip be? Where are you starting and what is your route to WA?

6. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia

i wanted to say that myself...but twas tooo scared :oops:

7. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    Better post your schedule or you will get so many questions ...you are not coming east by any chance?

8. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Yes, schedule would be wonderful!

9. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Amanda that sounds like a great trip!
    Post a schedule!

10. pennylullabelle

Where did I put ghost? lol :shrug:

Okay, here's what I've got going on in the near future. It might change, but I am happy to get goats along the way!

The next few weekends I will be in and around Sacramento and Vacaville.

In the next couple of weeks I might be taking a buck up to OR for a gal who posted in the for sale section. She'll have to get back to me on when and where. But I plan on passing through Portland up to Seattle with a good friend of mine.

Sometime in April/May I am driving to Texas. I am going with a college friend who is transferring to a college in Dallas. We are driving up to tour the campus and give her a chance to look at some apartments. We'll cut across the southwestern states, so if you're in that area and want to have a goat join us, just let me know. We'll make special stops as long as it isn't like...days off the path...you know? Just ask me, I'm open!

All trips will require gas money. If I can do more then one goat on the same trip to the same general area it will save us all a lot. So, if I could do all the OR goats and even the WA ones in one go, that'd be great! Who/what are you hoping to transport and when? The buck possibly for the gal (username tallgirl) I mentioned. Anyone else?

Also, RowdyKidz is hoping to transport 2 pygmy does to OH. We would make that stop on our way to TX and could tag anyone else along.

11. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    So Amanda, you will be able to stop here? How much will it be, do you know?

12. pennylullabelle

Where in OH are you located and where am I picking up the goats? That will have a lot to do with the price. Probably a tank of gas or two, depending on the miles. It costs me $45 to fill my tank. If I get them from WA when I am up there in a couple of weeks, then move up my TX trip I might charge just a little more since I have to tweak schedules on the girls I am traveling with.

13. pennylullabelle

Also...guys...if you could let me know about any fairs/shows that will be taking place near you. Maybe I can time the trip to go to the show. I love to go to goat shows and just watch and learn. I'd really appreciate the help since it might take me forever to track down every show by every location!

AND it's easier for me to justify to the hubby why I am taking the trip if I am going to learn something. So, if I go see a show...or if you want to show me something like...how to make soap, or how to draw blood? I mean, I can make soap. But I still love learning how people do it. And I know the basics of how to draw...I can even get blood like 1 out of 6 times lol but I sure wouldn't mind being taught so I can get better! Anything else - pooch tests, detecting heat, doing tattoos on kids, getting to lend a hand in a delivery...So, just keep an open mind and let me know what you have going on or what you can show me. Then I can goto my other half and say "yes, honey, I have to stop in OH. I am going to a show and learning to draw blood better..." And he'll sign, rolls his eyes, and accept the inevitable I've only had goats for 2 months now and text books can only teach you so much! Some things you just have to learn by being shown and doing.

hehehe

14. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Showing is easy and soooo much fun! Once you go and see how its done you will love it
    I wish there were more shows near me and you. I know there are some in placerville. I only go to the Sac county fair and the state fair!

15. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    We are located in Fremont, OH. Our farm is on the eastern end of town. The does will be in White Salmon, WA. I am in no hurry to get the here. I don't know about shows in January here. I know that there's one in April for Pygmies but Idk about dairy. I do have a doe that will be on her Day 145 on Feb 19 if you'd maybe want to be around to help out then. I will look into shows. I do have a guy come and disbud my kids when they are around a week. And he does a fantastic job if you'd be interested in seeing that! he also give them vaccinations! I could give you a few showing tips while you are here. I have been showing goats for almost 5 years.

So yes, hope that helps. Let me know how much gas $ would be.

Thanks!

16. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Amanda, can we just do it the cheapest way possible?

17. pennylullabelle

Of course. I'll make it as affordable for you as possible. I am hoping to sync everyone up into the same trip. That way I don't miss a ton of school and everyone pays a little bit of gas making it cheaper for everyone all around.

18. pennylullabelle

Tara how do you feel about $400? The trip from Salmon to Fremont is roughly 2300 miles. If I get 20 mpg then it's about 115 gallons. Roughly $3 is $345, I round up because that is only one-way.

19. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That works for me. Do I need to send some sort of a deposit in order to verify that we will for sure go through with this?