The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

Registered
I miss my ducks
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I will be adding more Nubians to my herd!

All of these goats are from the same breeder I got my buck (Jasper) from but are not related to him.

This is the doe whom I might be getting a kid from-

She, is gorgeous. I am madly in love with her and can't WAIT to see what she has and if I end up getting a doe kid outta her!
Goat Working animal Plant Fawn Grass

Head Horse Working animal Liver Fawn

This is the buck she's bred to. His Dam milks 2 gallons in the morning and at night. I'm very excited because I love this guy! And I got to see him as a wee Lil baby馃榿. He is very young but maturing quite nice!
Plant Working animal Dairy cow Fawn Grass

Here's his Dams udder last year as an FF.
Milking two gallons a day at each milking. So, a gallon per side of udder, that's pretty cool lol. Unfortunately I do not have a picture of her pedigree.
Plant Bird Grass Goat Beak

Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
Pretty girls!! Are you saying 4 gallons a day? If so that would blow every top 10 ADGA doe out of the water. Do they have records to prove that? I'm curious to see. The doe I have does 2.5 gallons in a day at her peak and IDK that I've seen many more Nubians over that. If so that is amazing and I'd be testing that girl and her babies would be worth a LOT. Some beautiful udders behind those kids though, you'll have some very nice milkers.

Do you know the sire of the Mini-Nubian babies? He looks very familiar, from a farm I like. If so he has some fantastic udders behind him.

Registered
I miss my ducks
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh my freakin' gosh that is a lot of milk in one udder!

That's some exciting stuff!馃ぉ
Haha I know right?!?!?!馃ぉ馃ぉ

Pretty girls!! Are you saying 4 gallons a day? If so that would blow every top 10 ADGA doe out of the water. Do they have records to prove that? I'm curious to see. The doe I have does 2.5 gallons in a day at her peak and IDK that I've seen many more Nubians over that. If so that is amazing and I'd be testing that girl and her babies would be worth a LOT. Some beautiful udders behind those kids though, you'll have some very nice milkers.

Do you know the sire of the Mini-Nubian babies? He looks very familiar, from a farm I like. If so he has some fantastic udders behind him.
You see her owner only got two milk her a couple of times as a FF because she is so wild on the stand and just wasn't having it.... So that's what she was getting when she milked those couple times. But I'm not sure if that's REALLY what she was producing because they lady didn't milk test her or anything because she was too wild to deal with..

THE minis sire has GORGEOUS udders behind him! I'll post pics when I get a chance. I can't remember his full Registered name.. I think it was Caslewood something. But don't take my word for it, I'd have to contact the breeder again.

Registered
I miss my ducks
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes - the numbers seem inflated, but regardless- nice udders on the does. Are you going for mini Nubians? I thought you were looking to add ND out of blue cactus?
It is very hard to believe, I wish they could have milk tested her but like I said. Apparently the doe was too wild on the stand last year as an FF and they just couldn't do it. It really doesn't matter to me if she milks that much or not. Because her udder is GORGEOUS!

I am wanting a or two or maybe a doe and a buck from Blue Cactus, but I have been wanting to ad a mini Nubian doe awhile. Just haven't found one of good quality until now.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts