The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So most of you all know my herd has been getting sick one after the other since late may and progressively gotten worse as of yesterday 90% of my herd had snotty noses and mucusy cough followed by onset of diarrhea with 36 hours of a cough 3 weeks ago I had a doe deliver prematurely by 3 weeks with twin girls one of which we lost then yesterday I had a doe abort at 2 1/2 months along vet has had me treat for cossidia and respitory and of yesterday he had my whole herd start on antibiotics well this morning we finally think we figured out what is going on we think they have we think they have Chlamydiosis waiting on results from blood test it is spred through fecal matter as well as vaginal discharge symptoms start with Pneumonia the diarrhea causes abortions and premature labor and weak kids Hopefully we have my kids on the mend and will get rid of the bacteria !!!

·
Registered
30,603 Posts
Wow. I'm sorry you have had a bad few months! I hope the blood works clears the mystery and your hers begins to mend. Best wishes

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Do you have cats? I was wondering if that what was it was as I was reading they symptoms.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it did just show up we have feral cats along with chickens & ducks that mingle with the goats and all are carriers of it so who brought it and who passed to who I will nvr know but I am pretty sure was passed through the ducks as they have had runny poo for couple months and have made the goat house there nesting grounds

1 - 9 of 9 Posts