I'm back, got some q's...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by AlaskaBoers, May 31, 2010.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Went on a trip out of state. :thumb: needed it badly!

well I went to Farm and Fleet..cool place! and they had air conditioning...
    I found, Ivesco Goat Dewormer Concentrate:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/livest...esco-goat-dewormer-concentrate-1-lbs--2264896

Any reviews? I got the regular, Ivomec 1% also.

I got back, looked good when I left, and then now they're looking scraggly ( so does the yard?!, need to mow), the does need worming, so I'm taking care of that tomorrow... ivesco, and the ones who look like they really need it are getting ivomec. and fencing in some grass, and doing hooves. back to the grindstone :wink:

so hopefully the ivesco will do the trick...

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    never heard of it - I would be interested on hearing how it works for you

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    The Ivesco has a wormer in it called Rumatel, it is easy to use and I would advise an individual dosing with the pellets as opposed to a top dress like the package suggests, this way you are positive that each goat gets the exact amount needed. I have used it as a wormer on my goats during lactation as there is no milk withdrawal, doing my own fecals I didn't see any eggs after the first month, as this wormer reccomends a 1x a month feeding to keep parasites down/under control. 1 oz will worm a 100# goat, you can't overdose but under dosing could be a problem.
    What I would do is treat them all with the Ivomec then use the Rumatel as a maintenance wormer.

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thanks

yep, I measured each goats' dosage into separate cups and labeled them. I didn't buy enough Ivomec to do the whole herd, but most of the goats who I'm dosing with the ivesco have nice dark eye membranes...just a couple does who need it.