I'm back!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    We changed phone services and little did we know there was a month plus wait on cable. Had we known we wouldn't have shut off the phone through AT&T yet. Anyway, they finally got out here yesterday to bury the cable to the house and installed the internet this morning. I'm so glad!!! I was going to the library to check email every couple days. That was a pain. I'm so glad to be back.

Right now the wireless router we have isn't compatable with the cable so I can't use my laptop. It refuses to use ethernet so I'm using hubby's pc to get online. Boy I can't wait for things to get back like they were!

Anyway, we are still waiting on the phone install which was suppose to be here by noon today too, but still no sign of them. Bit irritating I don't mind saying. We were almost to the point of telling them a few choice words and not bothering coming out. Then of course they finally showed. Figures right? So hopefully the phone will be on soon and the laptop working again too.

We've had lots of goats leave last weekend. The change in the herd is remarkable. I still have a few more left to leave and then we'll be much happier. The change has been nice. Well that's about it for us right now. Thanks! :D

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    GLad to see you back! :leap:

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yes I've definitely missed being able to read posts and see what's happening!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I was wondering about you! Was thinking that you took a trip or was just really busy.....so glad to see that it was just "technical difficulties"

5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    glad your back up to speed- I know I hate computer gliches- what should be simple turns out to be a pain. Welcome home!

6. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Glad to have you back online. :clap: :wahoo: :sun:

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I was wondering where you went! :) Glad to have you back!

8. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Wondered where you had been. I even checked the other day to see when you had last logged on.

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Wondered where you've been, glad to see you again :)

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Thanks everybody! I really appreciate you thinking of me. :grouphug:

Yes there's not much worse than feeling torn away. We're doing good though, just waiting on the weather to change a little and let all the rutt and heats start up. So far no luck. They have been more bucky and all the last week or so but still not really ready to breed.

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :ROFL: I got 3 boys here that have been rip roarin' ready for the last 3 weeks!! Only one of them will get lucky though...next month! :slapfloor:

12. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Glad to see you back Ashley! I too am waiting on ruts and heats....my bucks are just now starting to rut but my girls arent coming into heat yet...Ugh!!!! :hair:

13. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Glad to see you back Ashley!

14. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yeah what is it with this year? I've never had to wait this long before. Most of the time mine start early, like late July but not this year. I guess we'll have later kids than I thought. My junior bucks are really looking great and are going through the motions with one another. Big boys are starting to really check girls out though I rarely smell them. Only have 3 mature bucks and all are under 2 right now. Well one is about to turn 2.

It was quite a dull day not being able to check email and stuff. I'm so glad to be back online!