The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been checking the forum randomly but haven't been posting. I am back however! My dad has been diagnosed with cancer so we have been busy taking him to his doctor appointments; getting I chemo and transfusions fairly regularly. BUT IM BACK. Things have calmed down and we are getting into a regular routine again!

So for those that remember me...I'm back...

For those new people Hello :) I look forward to talking with you all about goats again!!

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. He is responding well to treatment. All tumors have shrunk by half. There is 6 tumors total. They first gave him a year to live and now they are saying he could have a 6 month break from chemo! Glad to be back to talk goats

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
Welcome back...sorry your dad is going through this..sounds like he has great support : )

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. We were told today he doesn't have to have chemo til December at the earliest. They will do a scan in December and if his tumors aren't growing they keep giving him a break, if they grow he goes back on chemo!!

Soo good news today :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Good news!!

Welcome back! :)

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well unfortunately it looks like the cancer may be progressing. His calcium levels were pretty high last week. Apparently his tumor is producing calcium. She did a brain scan yesterday. We should get results today.

Some good thoughts sent our way would be appreciated. She is hoping to have him out of the hospital by Wednesday so we can have thanksgiving at home instead of at the hospital. Fingers crossed.

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
Welcome back to TGS.
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I send you, your father, and your family my best wishes for him to get better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts