I'm confused!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Whisper, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Whisper

Whisper New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    :whatgoat: Okey here is the question...I did not think that goats would stand for breeding unless they were in heat. I have a doe that I was sure was pregnant (due in Nov.) that stood for breeding from a buck last month; so I thought she couldn't be having kids in Nov. Well I was out there this am and if she is not pregnant you can call me Elmer Fudd. Help...is it possible they will stand when they are pregnant? She is 75 percent Boer. :scratch:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If a doe stands for a buck... then she is in... standing heat....(in season) they shouldn't stand for a buck when preggo..... at any stage.... as their bodies tell them...not to come in again.... 18 to 21 days later...

is the Doe over weight?

Did she bleed at all?

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I had a doe that was just a straight hussy and would stand for a buck or act like she was in heat constantly .... is there any udder development starting in our doe? can you feel any baby movement on her right side of right in front of her belly? If you "bounce" her - can you feel a baby in there?

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    hmm.. :chin: ...I have never had that happen with my boers.....when they are preggo they don't exhibit standing heat signs... maybe they aren't hussys...LOL :wink: :laugh:

5. Whisper

Whisper New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I'm beginning to think she is just a raving hussy!! He follows her around like she is just the Sun and Moon to him. He's bred two of my other does and then forgets they exist; but she is totally different. No bleeding and no signs of heat, slight fullness beginning in her udder and she stands whenever he wants to breed. I haven't been able to bounce her as she is very hard to get a hold of; definitely not people friendly, but she sure does love him. Ya got me, just a brazen hussy...I'll let ya'll know if we get kids next month. She 's a real puzzle. How come I feel like I always get the weird ones??? :scratch: Thanks for all the answers, I really appreciate it.

6. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    I have never heard of this happening with a goat, but my horse did that to me. My mare was confirmed bred. A couple months later we took her to the trainers and she came into heat. She was showing off to one of the boys, the whole works. Trainer said she is not bred, must not have took. I was convinced she was and had her rechecked. Sure enough she was still prego. And she foaled a perfect colt for me.
    I assume if it can happen with a horse it can happen with a goat as well? :shrug:

7. Whisper

Whisper New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I guess with this one...time will tell!!! Thank you all for your help! :p

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your welcome..... :thumb: :greengrin: