I've been feeding my boys grain since they have been weaned and haven't thought anything bad could happen from feeding it. I just had a terrifying experience a few minutes ago. Billy got choked on the pellets. He ran from his feed pan and u could tell he was choking. He tried to get it out of his throat but couldn't. He started peeing and running and then started foaming from his mouth. I called the folks i got them from in a panic. They told me to pat him on the back like i was trying to burp him. And to pick him up and shake him. When i did pick him up he went limp. Scared the snot out of me. He finally started breathing after he spit up the second round of foam. But I'm definatly done with grain!