I'm Done.

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Duchesse, May 10, 2020.

1. It is hard to make decisions like you are doing = I should be doing it also. I have 20 Nigerian does, 2 bucks and we have a few sheep and chickens. Getting too old for all the work but try hard to keep up. Do you have a vet that would work with you and help you some. I have a wonderful vet clinic that has helped me with so many things over the years. Did you get fecals done?
    Personally - I tried the organic solutions for awhile but never helped me any. Also bought a ram lamb from a lady that used the organic ways and the company you previously mentioned. It was so overloaded with parasites and even with several times the vet trying we lost him. Depending on where we live may affect the parasite problem. Good luck with your decision.

2. Duchesse

Duchesse Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Roxboro,NC
    :update:

Everything went:great:. The buyer and her husband rented a medium sized cattle trailer and picked up everything. I'm so happy(dance). They both are young, strong, they love animals and the wife was raised on a dairy farm with 300 cows:cow:.:wow:I couldn't have asked for a better buyer.:dreams: She sent pics when they got home. Everyone is settled in. The children are ecstatic along with her.:neat: I told her about TGS and encouraged her to come here and learn more about goat care. I feel great:clapping:. This was the right decision for me.

I want to:ty: all:bighug: for being there for me. You all were so supportive, understanding and without judgement that it made my decision easier. Initially I felt like a failure. All my life I've been a tough cookie, I don't normally give up but alas I had to be honest with myself about my ability to care for them properly.:clever:

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like a great ending. Glad the herd went together.

Makenna and MadHouse like this.
  4. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    What a wonderful sale. I hope you feel an enormous sense of relief and less stress.

Makenna, mariarose and MadHouse like this.
  5. Angel A

Angel A Active Member

Apr 4, 2020
    North Idaho
    Well in my book, you’re still one tough cookie. Can’t imagine having to sell your entire herd.
    You are surely not a failure. Given the fact that you recognize the needs of your herd and put their quality of life before your feelings, makes you pretty darn amazing

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  6. mariarose

mariarose Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you feel great about this sale. If on some days you feel sad, regretful, that's OK. That doesn't mean you made the wrong decision. It means you miss them. It means you are sorry that some didn't make it.

I still cry sometimes. Karen told me I would and I didn't believe her. But she was right. I miss the herd, and I feel the guilt about the suffering I caused that forced my decision (in the end)

IMO, the South East is just not the place to depend upon pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds mean well and try their best, but...

The new family would be very, very welcome here. I know this was an excellent move for all around. Great job.

Makenna, Iluvlilly!, Angel A and 5 others like this.
  7. Makenna

Makenna New Member

Aug 16, 2019
    Canada
    Don't worry about it because you're doing the right thing. You want your goats to have the best lives and that's what you're doing. Don't be so hard on yourself:)

Iluvlilly! and MadHouse like this.
  8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. R.Williamson

R.Williamson Active Member

Mar 21, 2019
    South Carolina
    Congratulations! You did well.

Makenna, MadHouse and toth boer goats like this.
  10. Duchesse

Duchesse Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Roxboro,NC
    It was a wonderful sale!!(woot) I feel a huge sense of relief. She sent more pics and everyone is fine:D. They are just "chillin" on beautiful pasture. They finally have the kind of home that I wanted for them.(dance)

11. Duchesse

Duchesse Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Roxboro,NC
    :ty:

Makenna likes this.
  12. Duchesse

Duchesse Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Roxboro,NC
    :ty:

Makenna and MadHouse like this.
  13. Duchesse

Duchesse Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Roxboro,NC

:ty: for understanding. :squish:

mariarose, Makenna and MadHouse like this.
  14. Duchesse

Duchesse Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Roxboro,NC
    :wow:(embarrassed) :ty: I don't know what to say(shy).

15. R.Williamson

R.Williamson Active Member

Mar 21, 2019
    South Carolina
    I love it when I see them in a great home!

16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  17. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

:bighug::goodjob:(highfive)
    Your herd will thrive knowing you did the best for them. Well done Duchesse. You are such an admirable person. My respect for you and every one here has trippled.

Angel A and MadHouse like this.
  18. Angel A

Angel A Active Member

Apr 4, 2020
    North Idaho
    :squish:

toth boer goats likes this.