I'm Dreaming of a Goatie X-mas!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by DebMc, Dec 12, 2010.

1. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Santa's bringing me goat stuff this year! :gift: :snowcheese: I'm getting a milking stanchion and Santa (hubby) ordered a Shed in a Box (pic below) to put it in. He's going to install it next weekend and add a panel w/a gate across the open front so I can close myself in there to clip hooves without the other goaties horning in and becoming a nuisance. I can also use it to store alfalfa. Thanks in large part to Mitsy for her contribution of demonstrating "need" i.e. cow kicking Santa last clipping. :laugh: (Not so funny, really, as she broke skin and bruised his ribs badlly.)

I'm also getting a cart for my wannabe cartgoat, Geoffrey. :cart: I'm buying that for myself, am redeeming for cash a year's worth of reward points from use of our bank and charge cards. Cleared out a spot for it in one of our sheds already.

I am getting so excited!!!! This is going to be one extra merry Christmas - with a goat spin! :snowbounce:

Anyone else dreaming of a goatie Christmas?

Attached Files:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh yeah... definitely ....looks like.... you hit the jack pot........ :hi5: :thumb: :greengrin:

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    coool!!!

I'm getting portable electric fencing from Premier1 I think..hehe :)

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That would be terrific Katrina..... :wink: :greengrin:

5. SandStoneStable Farm

SandStoneStable Farm New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Maryland
    Good for you! I'm getting my first stud date for both my girls! Can't wait!!
    I hope I get a disbudding iron too, but will happily settle for stud fees.

6. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    I'm getting a goat cart and probably more kidding stuff for baby goaties! cant wait to get my hands on the knew cart!

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awesome!!! I love getting new goatie stuff....I have a "Garage in a box" in my back yard now that DH put up in July...even better is that it's full of hay!

8. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Very cool! Well I dont think we'll get anything for Christmas that is 'goatie' but we'll hopefully have some new babies on the ground soon after, and that's enough for me! :)

9. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Looks like I'm not the only one dreaming of a goatie X-mas. :window: Ho, ho, ho and a sleigh full of goat stuff.
    :crazy:
    Deb Mc

10. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    LOL.... sounds like I want to be at your house for Christmas! :laugh: CONGRATS!!!!!!!

I'm getting lots of new baby goaties and I asked for Jeffers giftcards from family! True goaty addicts we all are!

Can't wait to see your new boy hooked up to his new cart!!!! :)

11. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Awwww all of you guys are getting really cool goatie stuff!

Im getting a new buck for christmas :)

12. rocky_ridge_goats

rocky_ridge_goats New Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Of course! ;) I don't know if I am getting goat stuff, but I dearly wish for a completed hayrack in the barn and a corner water bowl that hangs instead of sits, so the boys can't knock it over, plus a book called HOW TO RAISE GOATS by some lady in the FFA, I have been drooling over it in Tractor Supply for ages- along with some goat harnesses and stuff to get the boys going on their pack training.

13. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Aww! Awesome. It's a skimpy Christmas for us this year :C but hopefully we will make up for it later this year.

14. Hush Hills Fainters

Hush Hills Fainters New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I am hoping for a heater for the barn so we dont freezee our butts off when the girls start kinnding in a few weeks.

15. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Look what my darling son gave me for Christmas!!! :snowcheese: More goat stuff!!! :clap:

The ornament is a pygmy goat - classic!

Wishing you all a very merry goatie Christmas!

Deb Mc

Attached Files:

16. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    My Mom got me a Saanen x Oberhasli milking doe for Christmas! Shes white with orange tint. I also got a Camera so Ill be talking pics for the forum!

17. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    Awsome! Those are my two favorite breeds! Your gonna love that ober cross. I think they are the best goats in the world!

18. :stars: Congrats!!

19. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Awesome gifts guys! You know you are goat obsessed when you get goat stuff (or goats) for Christmas. My husband got me a new feed scoop and a ton of plastic chains to make more goat collars out of. I'm considering getting to reserve a doeling for the spring kidding season a gift as well. Lol. My husband wishes I wouldn't get anymore.

My mom lives in Idaho and was planning on doing Christmas shopping late to avoid crowds, etc. and because she won't be seeing any of us until the road conditions improve enough to come down. She told me to send her a list of things I'd like and I think I am going to see if I convince her to get me a new cheese making kit with rennet, cultures, a strainer, curd knife, GOOD cheese cloth, a really neat book I've been wanting with recipes for all sorts of goat milk products including soaps and some other neat little things. Or I might just ask her for the two goat specific veterinary/diagnostic books I want.

20. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I got a set of Boer Goat Glassware, a goat license plate holder, and a new lens for my camera!

:love: