The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm getting 4 does in one week. What the heck am I doing???!!! I just bought two little mini manchas, blue eyed, for 50.00 bucks each! And a doe in milk for 75.00! Now I will be picking up a doe in milk, gallon girl, for 200.00... :dazed: I have goat OCD. Got to have all live goats in a specific place... like my yard! :eek: Pictures next of Wanda and Gidget. The two babies we got this morning.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Don't worry...your not the only one...I kinda just bought $1,600.00 worth of goats in the past week and a half. :eek:
But they are worth every penny, that's for sure! :D

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Who can blame you? :laugh: If I had the money I would be expanding my herd. It needs it! :p

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures for everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Cute cute cute!!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
If I had goats in my AREA I would be buying like crazy! Sometimes I think we need to purchase a teleport first....

Congrats on your goats! More goats = more baby goats. More baby goats = a happier, more bankrupt lifestyle :love: And they are SO cute! Love those mini mancha girls.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you! That is our small holding pen that is only supposed to be for a goat and her babies. Right know it is a goat holding pen, but by tonight they will have their own place.

All we did was put t-posts at the corners. then we took 2x4s and nailed them (without cutting them) into each pallet to hold them all together.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Last Fall we started out with two, we will have ten on Monday. :) :) Thank you! Alice, Betty, Abraham, Mia, Hazel, Mia's baby, Gidget, Janie, and Wanda... :)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Lol, you guys are funny! I know how you feel. Every time I look at Craigslist I want all the goats for sale. As soon as I see one I really like, I start plotting how I can get my dad to drive that far, how can I scrape up the money, how can I convince everyone that we NEED another goat. I especially always want to buy angoras. There aren't very many around here, but sometimes they pop up. Just today I found some purebred Saanens for sale- doelings(yearlings, I think) 250 each, registered with ADGA, UTD on shots, deworming, etc. I just about actually suggested it to the family- as if we need more goats right now! We probably need to sell one or two. :)

·
Registered
31,433 Posts
adorable!

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, yes. Convincing your parents is hard when needed. BUT, it can actually be easy with parents who have goatCD.

Thank you! I have better pics I will put up tomorrow!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Lol, you guys are funny! I know how you feel. Every time I look at Craigslist I want all the goats for sale. As soon as I see one I really like, I start plotting how I can get my dad to drive that far, how can I scrape up the money, how can I convince everyone that we NEED another goat. I especially always want to buy angoras. There aren't very many around here, but sometimes they pop up. Just today I found some purebred Saanens for sale- doelings(yearlings, I think) 250 each, registered with ADGA, UTD on shots, deworming, etc. I just about actually suggested it to the family- as if we need more goats right now! We probably need to sell one or two. :)
NDlover, you are in the heart of angora country! It's the biggest mohair producing state! It even has it's own association, TAGMA. :)
Lol, I know how you feel...I always want to buys these goats on Craigslist, just goat to tell myself, NO a lamancha whether isn't going to fit in your breeding program. NO, that adorable, way too expensive ND is not what you need right now, lol.
But if you are looking for angoras in TX, I know a bajillion farms...you are so lucky to live there there are some awesome breeders out there!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts