The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a bay colored mare, I'm getting her from the people that took Thor and all of my sheep. They said that since I gave them Thor and they were already giving the horse away they are going to give her to me! She's a two year old and she's not broke but she's calm. I might be getting her Saturday! I'm really excited! :leap: I'll get the pictures on here ASAP. :wink:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No she's not coming to my backyard. LOL that would be cool though. :roll: My sister's softball coach said that she'll make me deal, if I find a horse to keep at her place all I have to do is help exercise her horses, help clean up after the horses, and help with feed. I thought it was a pretty good deal! :greengrin:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we went and got her Saturday but my friend that I was going to board her at wasn't home (emergency) so I'm taking her to meet the horses and see if they'll get along. I forgot to bring extra batteries Saturday so no piccies. :oops: I promise I'll get some today.

She is a little thin though, but it's because she was a rescue filly along with her frostbit ears. So she's not the prettiest thing in the pasture, but she's a sweetheart. :love:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Crissa- that sounds like the way to go- keeping her at a friends while they help you learn all the things to do- Congratulations.
And I've seen frostbit ears- they usually don't look so bad. And she will get fatter. But I learned when I got a not-very-handsome gelding who was a great ride for me- a good, sensible horse is worth more than all the pretty in the world. I pointed him somewhere and he went period. He was also a horse I bought because he was starving- thought I'd feed him up and sell him but we were a team for 13 years. You don't really look them when you're on their back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts