The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the beginning of the year I sold a man a friendly buckling. He loved and pampered said buckling, who in time gave him some babies. The man is married to a female dog with a capital B. This woman is a coworker (luckily I rarely see her) and I would hate to have to live with her.

The husband is in failing health, his adult daughter is attempting some form of legal action against him (never met her, but she sounds like the mom) and now the wife is threatening to kill (and eat) the goats. She is not an animal person. The man can not stand for that to happen, so now he has given me the herd. Not sure how many (bad connection and he is really hard to understand) and he will call again on Thurs to set up a time to drop them off. I have an isolation pen that can fit 10 comfortably, and I seriously doubt he has that many. They are pygmy crosses (buckling is Pygmy X ND). Save me.:crazy:

·
Registered
158 Posts
At the beginning of the year I sold a man a friendly buckling. He loved and pampered said buckling, who in time gave him some babies. The man is married to a female dog with a capital B. This woman is a coworker (luckily I rarely see her) and I would hate to have to live with her.

The husband is in failing health, his adult daughter is attempting some form of legal action against him (never met her, but she sounds like the mom) and now the wife is threatening to kill (and eat) the goats. She is not an animal person. The man can not stand for that to happen, so now he has given me the herd. Not sure how many (bad connection and he is really hard to understand) and he will call again on Thurs to set up a time to drop them off. I have an isolation pen that can fit 10 comfortably, and I seriously doubt he has that many. They are pygmy crosses (buckling is Pygmy X ND). Save me.:crazy:
Wish you were not so far away from Vermont

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turns out to be only three ( I hope). Called the man to ask when he was coming out, ended up leaving a message. His wife called back and when I asked her how many, she asked him and he said he "thinks":rolleyes: three. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turns out to be only two for now. He said he would call me about the doe, "Blackie", but he never did. So for now I have two bucks.

Here is Goliath. He was born July 2012 and is as sweet as can be. He is also the smelliest buck I have ever met. Lets just say he is so well "marinated" that I could smell them coming down my driveway. :eek: He's for sale.

Samson, his son. Samson is super friendly and will follow you everywhere. I am thinking of keeping him for awhile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.